Chapter 20: To West Virginia

"There's supposed to be a Garde in India, Number Eight. He's being kept safe by the Vishnu Nationalist Eight, a private military army up in the Himalayan mountains," I explain to everyone while Crayton drives a van out of Spain.

"So, you want to go to India to meet up with Number Eight?" John assumes.

"We can," I reply. "I figure it might be a good idea before we get to Number Nine. He's being held prisoner in West Virginia."

"West Virginia?" Six questions in disbelief. "That's one of the largest Mogadorian bases on Earth."

"How do you know?" asks Sam.

Six glares at him as if hesitating to answer. Though she does anyway, "I was held captive there. It's where they killed Katarina."

Everyone goes silent.

"Six, I'm so sorry," Marina says finally.

"Don't be," Six responds almost instantly. "I had my revenge. I killed the mog that did it, but I'm not through. Anyhow, if this other Garde is imprisoned there, we need to get them out."

"Agreed. Now that the charm is broken, they can kill them any time. We can find Number Eight after," Henri decides.

"So, to West Virginia then?" Crayton asks from the driver seat.

Henri looks to Adelina, nods and confirms, "To West Virginia it is."