Chapter 53: By Ra

We arrived at the Sanctuary an hour ago, currently hiding in the jungle and thinking up a plan to get inside.

Just like Adam confirmed, there are dozens of Mogadorians scattered in the clearing near the Mayan temple's ancient limestone steps.

I don't think anyone is willing to take advice or intel from a mog. Even I have developed a sense of unease whenever I'm around the trueborn. According to Pittacus, Adam's story checks out and he is a traitor to his kind like he said he is. Logically, I know he's here to help us and stop his people from commencing invasion, but after everything the mogs have done – for hurting me so – my heart is still full of distrust. I just can't shake the paranoia I feel whenever Adam is near.

"Any ideas on how to get in?" Six asks from her invisible position which should be a few trees away.

"There are a lot to take on at once," Eight notes nearby. "Should we just try sneaking through? I can teleport two of us at a time across."

"No," Henri says. "We should get rid of them before we go in. That way we don't have any surprises when we come out."

Along with the overwhelming presence of Mogs, there are several Skimmers parked beside the makeshift dirt runway that the Mogs cleared.

And in the middle of it all is a lady barking orders in a language I can only guess to be Mogadorian. Even from this distance, I can see she has foreign tattoos on her almost completely bald head, the little hair she has pulled into tight black braids. She appears to be in command.

"What's our plan of action?" I ask.

Conveniently, as soon as I ask, we see a huge warship approaching from afar. It blocks out nearly the entire sky above. It's the biggest ship I've ever seen and it's actually really freaking scary to be this close to it. If it weren't for the dimming sunlight, I'm certain our position would definitely be given away.

"I say we take them out with the cover of the jungle, where they can't see us," Six suggests.

"Good idea. We can dispatch them from a distance. Everyone scatter. Let's surround them. When I give the signal, we dispatch them when we can," John says.

We all nod and everyone fans out around the area, surrounding as many mogs as we can.

I stay at John's side, BK and Pixie perched as tropical birds in the tree above us.

After minutes of waiting, the giant warship lowers and a ramp extends down to Earth and Setrákus Ra walks down with Five shortly behind him.

"Shit. We're going to have to deal with Five too," I whisper.

"Yeah. I'm not sure how we're going to do that..." John replies, trailing off in thought.

When Setrákus Ra and Five reach Earth, we start taking out the mogs as subtly as possible. One by one, the mogs burst into ash when no one is looking.

However, eventually The Mogadorian Leader manages to turn just in time to notice one of his minions burst into a cloud of dust. I'm not sure who took that mog out, but it doesn't matter now.

They know we're here. We're outnumbered.

Five flies straight up into the sky, high enough to get a lay of the land. I'm pretty sure he can see all of us, despite the cover of the jungle.

"What do we do?" I ask.

"I'm not sure," John says.

"I know you're out there!" Setrákus Ra bellows. "Show yourselves and I'll make this quick!"