Chapter 79: Training - part 2

By the time I enter my room again, I sit on the edge of the large bed and I think about the events that just unraveled.

I pledged my loyalty to him. Without even considering my betrayal. I was so desperate to save Five that I did the impossible.

I did something I never thought I'd do. All without hesitation.

What does that mean?

It fills me with fear. What did I just get myself into? How will the Loric react? What would Pittacus have done? What will happen when I betray him? What if I don't betray him?

My hands begin to tremble uncontrollably. My heart feels broken.

I saved Five's life, but at what cost?

Hours pass.

Soon Setrákus Ra enters my room, a proud smile on his face.

Knowing what to do, I stand and face him. I get down to one knee and place a hand on my heart once more, and I address him formally, "Beloved Leader."

"I must say," he starts. "I am shocked at your sudden twist. Though I am proud at the same time; incredibly proud. I always believed you would see reason. Come. Let us work on your gift."

"Yes, Beloved Leader," I say as I pick myself up from the floor.

As we walk down the corridors to the training hall, hand in hand, I ask of him one question with my full respect, "If I may sir, when can I see Five?"

"You may see him when we are finished today's training session. He will be conscious by then," he replies.

I nod and simply respond, "Thank you."

Setrákus Ra's hand feels cold in mine and his hand is nearly twice the size. I be sure not to cringe as we walk the palace-like corridors.

There are several Mogadorians we pass on our way to the Training Hall, all of which give respectful nods my way. I have to assume it is because I am with him.

They all stare at me like I'm royalty.

A Human Princess of the Hierarchical Alien King.

I wonder, is this how Ella felt? Being in such close proximity with her great-grandfather? Among the invaders of her planet and aboard a warship that will likely be the kind that conquers Earth? That feeling of helplessness I get from the nightmares. It is present as it is then. I can't help but feel uneasy, although I try not to show it.

Apart from the staring Mogadorians bowing their heads on the sidelines, I shift my gaze to the frames of photographed people on the walls. Assumingly famous Mogadorians that I figured to be highly ranked warriors skilled in the art of war. Of course, I find Setrákus Ra's face a bunch, but I also find others.

Setrákus catches me looking.

"Many of them died in combat," he says, following my gaze. "Although it was not in vain."

"What did they do?" I ask. "Why are these the special ones that get their faces framed?"

"Some have proven to be excellent soldiers, compared to the average. Some have shown great tactical work that was necessary in times of high stress," he explains. "No matter their roles, they all proved themselves superior to Mogadorian Progress and exemplified that my work is more valuable than even their own life."

"What about Adam? I heard that while he doesn't have the physical body like some other trueborn warriors, he has the tactical training and experience better than any others. Is he here too?" I question curiously.