Chapter 60: The Battle

Telekinesis, Dreynon, and Aeturnus.

These are the legacies that Setrákus Ra has. Not to mention the fact that he can shapeshift with the Eye of Thaloc and uses corrupted Loralite to heal from wounds rapidly.

It will be a difficult battle. Yet I believe all of us are ready; especially John. He's come a long way since we met in Paradise. Granted by his Ximic legacy, he can now successfully copy healing, telepathy, flight, invisibility, teleportation, elemental manipulation, and anti-gravity.

Although neither Ella nor John can reproduce Dreynon as of yet, I believe we are strong enough to take this fight. I will not let him hurt anyone again.

"Everyone ready?" John asks. We all nod, without saying anything. BK lets out a howl and Pixie responds with one of her own. "Alright. Let's do this."

Nine and John lead us inward while Six and Eight watch our backs. Henri and I both being a little on edge in the familiar long hallways, we trudge onward with a sense of renewed vengeance.

Thanks to the map Ella put together of all of our encounters and run-ins in this cave, we have a general idea of where he might be located and how to get there.

And so, we rush in.

Running through the familiar looking hallways as fast as we can to get to the Mogadorian Warlord, I get a feeling of fear that I recognize all too well. This place brings back bad memories – it likely does for most of us. Though this time, I'm here to destroy him. We all are.

After fighting and killing any mog that gets in our way, we eventually reach a metal door at what seems like the center of the cave.

The mogs were frantic, scrambling about. They were easy to pick through. It is pretty clear they weren't expecting us. That's good. Setrákus Ra shouldn't be either.

We enter as a group, moving slowly with caution. It's a large room. Dark and empty with dim cave lighting throughout. It's quiet. I don't know what this room is for – maybe nothing – but if the reinforced door is any indication, he'll be here. We'll find him. Then the fight will really begin.

"Hey guys," Marina speaks from the eerie silence. "There's someone up ahead."

As a matter of fact, there is.

Unlike Marina, I need to squint in the near darkness to get a better look.

A girl. Standing in the center of the room. Slender figure. Average height, but no taller than six feet. Blonde hair. Pale skin. Fidgety hands. Clothes dirtied.

Despite the rough shape she is in, I must admit, she still looks pretty.

Sam takes a step forward; speaks in disbelief, "Holy shit. Is that-"

"Sarah?" John finishes.

He squints at the figure, as if to confirm that his eyes do not deceive him. But it's true. Somehow, it is true.

The person standing in front of us is nowhere close to the Mogadorian Leader that threatens the life of my planet and my people.

She is Sarah Hart.

"John stop," I think instantly after watching Pixie traipse slowly ahead as a sneaky cheetah, growling at the assuming Sarah Hart. "It can't be. It makes no sense. Let me see."

I don't know how or why Sarah ended up in one of the largest Mogadorian strongholds on Earth, or why she looks ruffled and distressed, or even if we should trust her. Thinking back to what John said when they ventured back to Paradise, if Sarah really betrayed us, this could be a trap.