Chapter 75: Enough!

"This will work. Just stay focused and give it time."

I have no idea why Five thinks that consistent thought as we walk the halls of the ship, but I don't really care at this point.

We pass many Mogadorians on our walk through the ship, all of which give me hateful expressions. I don't know if it's because of the stunt I pulled at the UN or something else entirely.

Whatever. I couldn't care less.

I don't need their expressions for confirmation. I already know all too well that I don't belong here. I'm only here because Setrákus Ra wants me here. To use my power in the service of Mogadorian Progress. Even though it will never happen.

After discovering what I did down in New York City during his grand speech to the humans, I am led to the Banquet Hall, where he has served both Five and I with his finest Mogadorian cuisine – slop.

"You lied to me," Setrákus says casually as he cuts a piece of his slimy ooze-like fish.

Sitting at the other end of the table – the same seat Ella once occupied – I study the Mogadorian Leader for any signs of anger or aggression. There is none.

"You're going to need to be more specific," I reply blandly. "In case you didn't know, I lie a lot to you."

If my eyes do not deceive me, Setrákus Ra almost looks amused.

"Your legacies," he clarifies. "You haven't told me the full truth."

So that's what he is referring to. It is as I figured. The recent exposure of my telepathy. Communicating to a large-scale audience. Hundreds at once. I couldn't keep his mind out of the loop.

"It was impossible to be precise," I explain, openly acknowledging the lie.

"Yes, I understand that," he replies empathetically. "What I do not understand, however, is why keep that hidden. We are allies now. We need to work together. Why deny the proper training you deserve to receive that only I can give you?"

I push the plate of sickening slop away from me, cross my arms, and lean back in my chair.

"I made a choice," I say honestly. "Keep them in the dark and hide my true colors. Or tell them the truth and reveal the legacy I wished to keep undisclosed. It seemed like an obvious decision to make. You should be grateful; you see right through me now."

Setrákus only smirks; emits a short halfhearted chuckle.

"Dear, I saw through you years before you knew the Loric existed," he continues. "I understand your ways; your desires and needs. It may not seem like so, but-"

"Enough!" I interrupt, standing from my seat and practically throwing the chair backwards. With one quick telekinetic swipe, I send my metal plate of food across the room where it splatters on the floor in a scrambled mess. "You will never understand me or my people old man. You will never willingly see us for who we are. Me, Five, Ella, the humans. Pittacus Lore. You trick us into thinking you understand, but it is lies. Ways to manipulate us in your invasion of Earth. Well I won't stand for it! I don't care what you do to me! You can keep me on the Anubis for my whole life; imprison me here. You can inject me with as many augmentations as your twisted heart desires. Make me an obedient little inhabitant like I was in your fucked-up future. But I will always fight. For the sake of the survivors during Lorien's fall and the sake of everyone on Earth, I will not let you prevail."

Just like that, I thrust a palm out at Setrákus Ra. It glows and I send a beam of vivid blue energy at his grotesque purple scar, however unintentional.