6+9=?

Y/n's pov

The not so long-awaited match against Aobajohsai, the ride to the gym was fine. Mostly everyone was going over game strategies. But that's to be expected, I mean we are going up against a strong team.

"Y/n," I hear someone say.

"Huh?" I look around.

"Your gonna bump into people," I feel a yank on my arm from Kei.

"Oh, sor-" I look up to who I was about to hit.

"Y/n?" she questions.

"I'm busy," I quickly walk away and meet back up with the rest of the team.

"Did you see Shiratorizawa girls?" I hear Hinata ask. "Aren't they scary,"

"You went to Shiratorizawa middle school didn't you Y/n?" Yamaguchi asks.

"Uh... Yeah I did," I say.

"So how are they?" Hinata asks.

"Good," I reply. "They play good,"

"You guys won nationals right?" Hinata asks excitedly. "All the way to Tokyo, is Tokyo fun?"

"Tokyo, is Tokyo fun," I repeat.

"Yeah! What did you guys do at national? What happened after you guys won?" he asks.

"Hurry up idiot, worry about your own game," Kei says as he walks ahead.

-

The match between us and Seijoh started, sometimes I just wish that Toru would get hit by a car or something. Like really bad, but my brother said that saying such things isn't that nice. Especially since he's such a talented player, it would be a shame if he got too injured. I swear my brother is crazy sometimes, I mean I can't really say anything, but when he injured his knee he wanted to bring him a cake, like what the hell.

"Y/n you're looking a bit pale," Kiyoko points out. "Are you feeling well?"

I run my hands through my hair. "I'm just tired, I think," I shrug.

Now that I actually think about it I've kinda been feeling a bit off since this morning. I mean I always feel off but I feel more off than usual.

-

Seijoh started to rake up some points, the severs were predictable and we were losing the momentum. I think this game just got a bit more personal, not for me but for Kageyama. But then again it's not really my place to dictate everyone around.

"I think we should sub out Kageyama," I say. "But then again I don't really know," I say just in case I offend him.

"No, I was already thinking about that," Ukai says. "I think if we put Sugawara in it will get the other guys back to their senses," he says.

"Okay," I nod my head.

So that's what happens, Suga gets put in and Kageyama gets benched. I toughed that maybe there would be some complaining or an end of the world situation but he just had a conversation with shrimpy before sitting down.

We lost the first set but we gained a bit of our momentum back. The good thing about starting a new set is that we can change our formation. And changing our formation gives us an opportunity to combat Toru's serves. Last set the serves were killing us, like really killing us. But thankfully this time around we were able to cut him off easy.

Once Kageyama got put back on the court is when the game started looking a bit more fun. Especially when Kageyama actually started talking to the other players. And more so when Kei and he went head to head and actually ended up an advantage, I thought for sure it would create some unwanted tension on the court.

-

"God, it's so fucking hot," I say as I strip myself of my jacket.

"Coach Ukai," Kiyoko says. "I'm taking Y/n to the nurses,"

"What?" I say. "I don't need to leave,"

"That's fine," Ukai stands up. "We just won the set,"

"I'm not going, I need to watch the game," I protest.

"I think that you are ill," Kiyoko says. "It's just a quick trip,"

"But," I stand up but instantly feel dizzy. "It's just hot in here, I wanna watch the game,"

"We will be right back," Kiyoko says.

-

"Do you have someone to come and pick you up?" Kiyoko asks.

Yeah, so I'm sick, it's not just hot in the gym. As soon as we left the gym I ran straight to the bathroom, I'm gonna drown myself in the toilet.

"Just go back to the gym, I'll call someone," I say.

"Okay, call me if you need anything," she says. "I'll come quick," and with that, she leaves.

What the hell we gonna do now? I can't walk home, and I can't go back to the gym, maybe I could find a sugar daddy to drive me home. I could hitchhike home, I bet the streets are busy, but then again I could get kidnapped.

Maybe I could take a nap in the bathroom until their match ends. Or maybe I could jus-.

"Y/n?" I recognize that voice.

The current captain of Shiratorizawa's girl's team. Now before you think back to how trashy teams was back then remember that she doesn't count. She was also the captain when I was a first-year in middle school, she's cool. But if shes around that means the rest of her team is too. Lord please have mercy on me today.

"Saito," I smile weakly at her.

So what we've learned with these last two chapters is that I cannot write while the team is in a match. So that's fun.

-Crouton