Brontosaurus

Edited: 09/21/20
Hi guys, it's Crouton from the future. I started this last year, the beginning is trash I know. And no, I do not plan on editing this. Any edits were made by my former editor.

(Y/N)'s POV

The first month of school is fun, right? Nope, it's boring as hell. It's the last period of the day and every single teacher has been repeating the same set of rules all damn day and I'm so dead. But it's fine because I can lose myself in my thoughts.

Now, you may be wondering why all the teachers insist on repeating the rules. Well, that's because a student made a Shrek shrine in the storage room and everyone saw. If you guessed that that student was me, you'd be right. But of course, I wasn't caught.

"Young lady, what are you so absorbed in?" my teacher asks, removing me from my very important thoughts.

"Just thinking," I say.

"About school I presume?" she gives me a look.

"Not even close," I reply.

"Well I'm sure it isn't more important than this class," she says like nothing is more riveting than this chick's class.

"It really is a matter of opinion. I, for one, think it is more important," I shrug, earning a few mumbles from the class.

"Care to share?" she asks.

"Not really," I say.

"Then you can share it in detention," she tells me.

"Detention?" I question, standing up.

"Yes," she simply says.

"If I share will I still get detention?" I ask.

"I suppose not," she crosses her arms.

"Promise?" I raise my eyebrows.

Now... Detention is not something I'd ever catch myself in.

"I promise," she says.

I clear my throat. "Well I was just wondering if cavemen adapted the art of clapping dinosaur cheeks," I say with a smile.

Everyone starts laughing, including the blonde kid who's been glaring at the board. I must admit, I feel proud. The teacher goes to speak.

"You promised no detention," I say before she can get a word out.

"That was highly inappropriate," she says. "You will clean-" she starts.

"Cleaning is a form of detention," I interrupt.

"You will help out with one of the clubs as a punishment, today after school," she announces, ignoring my protests.

"What?! It's not my fault I'm jealous of the cavemen!" I exclaim. "You asked."

"No yelling," she says. "You must help for three whole weeks," she says. I give up and turn to the class, because obviously, Sasquatch over here isn't going to let me out of this.

"Is anyone here in a sports club?" I ask, annoyed. A few people raise their hands.

"What are you doing?" my teacher asks.

"A selection test, so please allow me to do my work. There's only about a minute left," I say as I pull out my phone and open it to a photo of the Shrek shrine I made.

"When you see the photo tell me your opinion of it," I say and start showing it to the people who raised their hands.

"Immature."