The letter I spoke of

So this is the letter Kei got. Uh... next chapter is gonna be picking up at the mall

"Kei, I met Y/n's mom today," Akina says as Tsukishima walks in. "Hoshiko is just as sweet as her daughter."

"Have we met the same people?" Tsukishima mutters.

"Pardon?" She asks.

"Just asked if you had a good visit with her," he says.

"Oh it was lovely, and she left your hoodie. She said that Y/n left it in her car and wanted to return it before she went back to Tokyo," she turns her attention back to the vegetables she was cutting. "I just left it up in your room."

"Thanks," he says, turning towards the stairs.

And just as he expected, it wasn't his hoodie, it was some random one that Hoshiko probably bought at the store. Y/n basically clings onto anything he gives her, he wasn't surprised that when an envelope fell out. He was hoping that it wasn't a death threat of some kind.

Dear Tsukishima Kei,

It has come to my attention that you and my daughter, Ushijima Y/n, are going steady. I find it extremely difficult to see her allowing me to meet you and lately I have been struggling not to hurt our relationship as I have done in the past. But I still feel inclined to give you the 'mother talk' although it may be unconventional.

As you know by now Y/n is not the smartest (excluding academics and extracurriculars) and I am at fault for that. Do not ever think about taking advantage of her, it is clear that she loves you and seems to be distressed whenever there is an issue between the two of you. Quite means bad, it is not good to let her overthink, she gets stressed.

That is another thing, from what I've herald and seen her mood changes drastically, so be prepared for that. She tends to do strange things, and she has a very interesting diet. I would clarify her as an extremely intelligent toddler, in some ways she needs to be taken care of like one. She acts tough but in reality, she is very sensitive but gets embarrassed easily when it comes to certain things.

Take care of her, I mean it, I know your mom aunt and brother. If you ever decided to break up with her, please let her down slowly and treat her like a flower. And unfortunately, I feel as though I must touch on the 'sex talk, I'll keep it brief. Use a condom, if you get her pregnant she makes the choice and you listen, if she keeps it I will cover all expenses to a certain extent and you will help her. Now that is all, I am sure that by now you've been bombarded with things these types of things by her 'brothers'.

Alright well, this was probably longer than it needed to be. Just know that I am not a forgiving person, but I will respect the decisions you make in your guy's relationships. But there is one thing I've learned, it is best to value your relationship with her. Based on the way you orbit her, I do not think I have anything to worry about.

Best regards,

Ushijima Hoshiko

"She's lucky I love her," he sets the letter on his desk. "Or I'd never put up with her crazy family. And I do not orbit her."

"Oh yes you do Kei," Akina laughs. "You hover."

"Are you eavesdropping?"

"I was just getting you for supper," she says. "I only heard the orbiting part."

"I swear these walls are too thin," he mutters.

I'm watching Megan is Missing.

-Crouton