I'm supposed to be packing right now

Y/n's pov

"Curse me and my love of food," I say as I sit in the passenger seat.

My brother got a car for his birthday, now he's a baddie. Also, he looks like he was just released from prison in his driver's license, but he looks cool so it's fine.

"I basically signed myself up for death," I take another bite of my food.

"This is not death," he says. "Its volleyball, its fun,"

"Why must the girl's team come though, I get that you want to practice with your girlfriend and whatever but why?" I ask.

"They are good opponents," he says.

"Yeah, I know that," I sigh. "But do you even know whos on the girl's team?" I ask.

"Yes, I've met them before," he says.

"They are the same girls I played with in middle school," I say.

"I am aware," he nods his head.

"We are marching to my death," I sigh.

"We are not marching, I am driving us to the school, not your death," he says. "And if it's the girls you are worried about it they are very nice, Hoshi's friends are very nice"

"Yeah I know her friends are nice, they're all third years, and none of them are spikers," I say.

"I do not see what their positions have anything to do with it," he says.

"Do you remember my first year of middle school?" I ask.

"Yes, I do," he nods his head.

"What happened when I joined the team?" I ask.

"You replaced their ace," he says. "And you gained the majority of the team's points,"

"Exactly," I nod my head. "I replaced a second year, she was supposed to be the ace,"

"Well, you were the better player," Wakatoshi says.

"What if Goshiki just swept in and took your spot as the Ace and you were benched the whole season, let's say that you were still one of the top three aces but Goshiki became number 1. Who would you feel being benched?" I ask.

"I would not enjoy being benched," he says.

"Exactly," I say. "It would not feel too fun being a really good player and then get benched, how would anyone be able to see you play?"

"In warm-ups," he says.

"Well, that's not a lot of playtime," I say. "So it probably isn't a good feeling to be replaced like that by someone who is younger than you. And I bet it isn't fun being the one who everyone wants to beat, not just beat replace like they think you think you're better than everyone else,"

"But it was not your fault that you were the better player," he says. "You excelled in defense and offense, it would be foolish to bench you,"

"Yeah well when people are jealous they can be mean," I say. "None of them like me,"

"That's not true," he says.

"You don't deserve to be the ace, you came from a rich family and you feel like your entitled to everything," I say to him. "Is that something you would say to someone you like? What if one of your teammates said that to you?"

"Well that isn't true, so why would I be affected?" he asks.

"Not everyone is like you, I could call you a fat cow and you'd be perfectly fine," I say. "And y'know that I don't want to see the girls so why do I have to go?" I ask.