Part Three: 48 Hours

The Meghan Kelley show went on as usual. I hit all the important points and managed to not sweat my arse off. In between breaks, I had checked my phone and there wasn't any answer from Tinder Guy.

Maybe I over reacted. Maybe I am just assuming the worst because that's often what I do. I ruin things for myself because I am unable to change for the better- so I steamroll my potential happiness flat against the ground and cover it up with the lush green lie that I'm content in my miserable life.

Getting in the Car, it's 5:30 and starting to get dark already. Before we left the Studio, I had changed into jeans and one of my nicer gray long sleeve button up blouses and a pair of black wedges. I keep checking my phone.

Did he figure out it was me? Does he know and is put off by it? I was rather nasty and rude to him this morning, but you'd have thought if he knew it was me- he would've mentioned it in the next text he sent. But he didn't. He wanted to know what I did- immediately. So maybe he does know.

Or.

Maybe Tinder Guy isn't even Max.

"Where too?" Ron asks before leaving the parking garage.

"JFK, please." He nods and I pop in my earbuds to listen to my favorite band- Motörhead. I know it's odd to think of a woman like me liking that kind of music- but honestly, I grew up a rocker and have only buried her just enough so no one catches on. I'd like to think there are many sides to me. I just very rarely show any more than my arrogant bitchy side. As The King of Kings play through my headset, I let my mind drift a bit.

"I'm a doctor at New Amsterdam..." I text him and feel my blood curdling.

"Seriously? Who?"

"Helen Sharpe."

"Oh...you're that bitch who thinks she can do whatever she wants."

"That's not who I truly am though..."

"Sure it isn't."

My phone starts ringing and I open my eyes and disconnect my headphones to take the call.

"Hello?...Ah yes, Marta- I just got wrapped up....no I think it went very well....yes, I read that article by the CDC...that's not what I would have put down...No, I would have focused on the connections between Asymmetrical and Begnign moles....yes, I totally agree with you... Well I'm going to be flying out in about half and hour or so for Vail...." I barely pay attention to where Ron's driving. "Well, no...move Sugaman to Wednesday and I'll do Hinkle's Skype call from my hotel room. Just make sure I have an updated...."

New Amsterdam....

"Hold on...Ron, I said JFK. What are we doing back at New Amsterdam?" As he slows down, Max Goodwin comes walking up and I roll my window down. He bends down and smiles kindly. He looks tired and a little...pissed.

"Hi, remember me?" He smiles wider and peers into my soul.

"You told my driver to bring me back here?" I'm defensive immediately, because he has to be Tinder Guy.

"No, I told our driver to bring you back here, because he works for New Amsterdam. And so do you, remember?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I look into the big blue eyes of his and realize he's a bit more pissed off than my previous thought- though he still has that smile on his slightly stubbled face. He does look like he's had a rough go at it.

"If I miss my flight..." I could careless about his hard day. You come back me with fire- I'm coming back with water to put it out before you touch me and the things I worked hard for.