Part Eight: A Night

I don't want to stop.

For the first time in ages, I feel wanted and happy. His eyes cast down towards my body and his hands start to slide down as well.

No. I don't want to stop.

Without really thinking, I lay both my hands on the outside of his to keep him there. His eyes look at me and that twisting in my stomach grows stronger.

"Helen..." His voice quietly laments.

"I don't want to stop..." My voice sounds meek and childish. He scans my eyes and he's conflicted.

"But you don't want to be the woman who dates the boss...and Helen, if we don't stop now- I don't think I'll ever be able too." He's such a sweet honest guy. It breaks my heart, honestly.

"Max..." My eyes are pleading him to stay. However, he takes his hands of my hips and holds my hands.

"I know. It's not fair. I'm sorry." His hands squeeze mine and I know this is once more my fault. I opened my big mouth and then I went back on it. I'm not being fair to Max. Swallowing hard, I look up at him.

"I'm sorry..." I say and he just smiles.

"You don't have to be. I understand why it won't work...no matter how much I want it too." I look down at our hands and the the outside lamps illuminate us orange. "It's okay. It is."

He tilts my chin up and sweetly embraces it in his hand. Leaning down, he gives me one last kiss. I just wish he was a regular doctor at the Dam. Not the Medical Director- not my patient. But just a doctor like everyone else. It's not that it's against the rules to date your boss- it's just moral standing. Especially if you look at it as I do. I used to galavant across the world fundraising and barely working and got paid for it. If I date Max, it's going to turn into him favoring me and no one is going to like that. I can't have him favor me.

He let's go of me and sadly takes one last look at me.

"Damn...this could've really been something. I mean look at you. You're gorgeous and sexy. Badass..." He sounds like he's joking, but I know it's only to mask his pain.

"And you're the sweetest guy I know...." I sadly say and he nods slightly.

"Good night, Sharpe."

"Good night, Max." He slowly walks down my driveway and every few minutes he looks back towards me. I force myself to stay still and quiet. He's absolutely right. We could've really been something. When he disappears around the front of my house, I sigh and close the garage door. Trudging my way to my back dood, I open it up and head inside through my kitchen and towards my stairs to head to bed. Just as I go to pass my front door, there's a knock on it. Peering through the frosted window panes, I can barely make out who is out there. Cautiously unlocking the door, I slowly open it and find Max standing on the other side. "Max, what are you....."

He rushes forward and presses his mouth to mine-his hands on both sides of my face. I don't fight him. Not in the slightest. Kicking the door shut, Max hoists me up and I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He now holds the bottom of my thighs and carries me upstairs- our mouths never leaving one another the whole time. Making it to the landing, he heads straight and finds my bedroom. In a matter of moments, he drops me to the bed and then is on top of me. Our pelvises grind against each other and our jeans are very inconvenient right now. As he hovers over top of me- kissing me voraciously, I undo his pants button and then mine. Having released his button, his hardened member becomes slightly more moveable in the constricting denim. He moans slightly against my mouth and continues to kiss me.

I tug at his shirt and now we separate to quickly undress one another. Our hands exploring every muscle on each other's body and when everything is off, his mouth is back on mine.