Part 106: Playdate Apps

***5 Months Later- April 17th***

Today is adoption day!!!

God! Five months flew by quicker than expected. Having been allowed to foster Ben was a dream come true, but what's better is my paperwork for adoption just went through so now Ben is legally Benjamin Landon Sharpe! It's a big deal! So big, Lauren even flew in- with Casey ;).

Sitting in my backyard, I watch as Mum and Jack and his new girlfriend Kaley, put up party decorations and get the part ready.

Upstairs, Sophie happy wiggles from side to side as Ben sits up on the floor and tries to boop her. They've really bonded over the last five months. Being 9 months old, Ben now how better motor skills- so crawling around the house for the dog is the best motivator.

"Benji, come here, Darling. Let's get you dressed for your big day." I sweetly say and he comes crawling over- he gets half way to me and gets distracted as Sophie stops and starts beside him- trying to ply tag of sorts. "Haha, Sophie. Come on. Let him come to Mama."

Sophie sits and wags her tail, until Ben grabs it and tries to teethe on it.

"Oh! No no, Ben. Not the puppy." Scooping him up, I give him big kisses and he smiles widely, but doesn't laugh or babble. He has made any sound really. I told his doctor and she didn't seem concerned- especially considering the conditions of his neonatal experience with drugs. She assures me that when Ben's ready, he'll make noise or laugh and talk. Just give him time- she tells me.

Easy for her to say. Luna was chattering at five months old- more at 6.

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Aunt Lauren!" She happily says and jumps into my room, vaulting the baby gate as she goes.

"Yay!!!! Yay Ben! It's Aunt Lauren!!" I dance him over to her and she happily takes him a fun smooches him. They bonded over Christmas break. It was so cute because at first he refused to let her hold him- fought me every time- would go to literally everyone but her- and now he's in love. Smiling wide and claps his hands.

"Wow!!! You've been practicing!!! I'm so proud of you!!"

"Say, we've been waiting to show you!"

"Wow, why are women so pitchy when they talk around babies?"

"Uncle Casey! Yay!!! Ben, Yay!!" Ben claps again and reaches for Casey, who hot potatoes him from Lauren.

"Well I'm chopped liver." She groans and and scoops Sophie up.

"He loves everyone. Don't take it personal." I state and she pouts even more.

"It's hard not too. Look at his squishy little face giving Casey kisses. I don't get kisses."

"Oh my gosh, Aunt Lauren's a whiner." Casey hands her back the baby boy and she beams happily- having gotten her way.

"Okay, well I need to change and so does Benji. So Casey- you're kicked off the island." I state and he takes Sophie from Lauren's free arm and walks out of the room. "So? How's it going between you two?"

"Good. Really good. He's keeping me warm at night- so ya know."

"Well that's good. He's finally sleeping through the night. It used to be every two hours, he'd wake up and tap me on the face for something."

"He's still sleeping in the bed? You know he's never going to leave. What happens when you start dating again? Do you think he's going to allow his someone else to be sleeping in his bed with his Mama?" I think about it and sigh heavily.