Part 105: Move In- Move Up

My Mum, Dad, Jacobi, and Winston's boys all helped move me into my new home this weekend. Lauren was gracious enough to ship my bike and bed- and bedding- to me. She apologized last night for her erratic behavior- even though she most definitely wasn't wrong in what she said.

As I put the last box in my bedroom, I walk downstairs and find Jacobi whispering to Mum about something.

"What's going on?"

"There's this lady outside, acting kinda strange. She's just walking around the sidewalk across the street watch us come in and out of your place." Furrowing my brows, I turn to look outside and sure enough I see her. Going to my front door, I open it and step outside. When she sees me- she turns and runs down the sidewalk and down an alley. I go back inside and they look at me.

"Well?" Jack asks.

"She ran. I don't know what she wanted, but she didn't like my presence so..." My phone goes off. I give Jack and Mum the one moment finger and I step out into my dining room. "Hello?"

"Hi! Is this Dr. Helen Sharpe?"

"Yes. May I ask who's calling?"

"Ah, yes, this is Dr. George Oncard with C.C.L- we got your resume this morning and we must say we are highly impressed with it. We were wondering if you could start Monday at 7:30?"

"Of course! Yes! I will be there! Thank you sir!"

"You're very welcome. Thank you for sending in your file. Talk to you soon." He hangs up and I happily dance before going back into the family.

"That was Dr. George Oncard with the Cancer Centre London! I got the job! I start Monday. Things are really shaping up!" They clap and whoop and I grab the wine from the fridge. "Who wants a glass?"

"Hell yeah!" Jack says and my mom nods. I look in the living room and Dad and the kids are asleep with Sophie.

**1:00 p.m**

Woof....woof...

Sophie lowly barks under the blanket and then come scurrying out and licks my face.

"Mmm...Sophie...go to bed, Baby..."

Heavy Knocking

"What the Hell?" Out of the bed-that's currently on the floor- Sophie runs down stairs and is at the door barking. Going down after her, I grab the baseball bat that Jack gifted me for protection- and I slowly go to the door. Looking out the blinds, I don't see anyone, but Sophie is insistent that I open the door as she scratches at the bottom of it. Opening the door, my eyes widen at the sight of a small bundled up black baby in a basket sitting on my doorstep with an envelope attached to it. Quickly picking up the basket, I bring it inside and to the living room, where I turn the stove on to heat the living room. It's freezing outside for the fall night. I check the baby's pulse and it's beating strong. I check the eyes and mouth and ears- everything seems to be perfect. Taking my phone out, I call 911 to report the child and request an ambulance for a hospital check. While waiting, I take the envelope out and open it up.

Dear Resident of 19178 Brony Street Pershore, Worcestershire,

This is Ben Landon Hunt. He is my son. I am no longer able to care for him. I saw you had kids and thought you could be a good set of parents for my son.  I have no other living relatives and the biological father passed away from a drug overdose a month before James was born.

He is 3 months old- born at Princess Grace Hospital on July 9th, 2020. He was treated for fetal substance abuse and has overcome the addiction. I'm sorry to put this in your hands, but I pray you can take good care of him and treat him as you do you're own children. Here are his ID papers.