Part Sixty-Five: Merry Christmas To All

"I love you." He kisses me softly as he removes himself from my body and hovers over top of me.

It's early morning: about 5:30.

Max woke me up this early to give me a "present"- which was very considerate of him- especially considering I got off nearly four time before he just found his one.

Leaning forward he presses his lips to my bare chest and then trails upward towards my lips.

Winston always said morning sex is for lovers.

I guess he wasn't wrong after all.

"I love you too, Darling. Merry Christmas, Love." Pressing my lips to just under his ear, he gleams down at me and smiles. It's not too dark out considering the time. The white snow still illuminated the world around us. "You seem to be feeling better.

I cautiously say.

"I am." Getting off the bed; he grabs a tissue and cleans up his mess he made in me and throws the tissue away before using the restroom and washing his hands. When he comes back, I'm laying on my side facing him and he grins sweetly. "You are so beautiful."

"Thank you." Getting back in bed beside me, he props his head up on his elbow and searched my eyes slightly. I tug on him slightly, bringing him to lay down next to me as close as possible. "What time are you going over?"

"She said to be there around 8 because she needs help cooking."

"At least she's asking you for help."

"True, but my parents only get in around 4:30. It'll be a whole day affair that I don't want to be apart of." He rolls onto his back, bringing me up and on top of him. His hand run up and down my back, over my arse and back up to my shoulders.

"When's the last time you seen them?"

"The baby shower. So two months ago."

"Okay, it'll be fine."

"What are you going to do all day?"

"Probably call my fam on face time. Maybe I'll go visit Lauren..." I miss her terribly. I want to chat with her and hug her- even if she doesn't necessarily want me there. I called about sending a present and they said it wasn't allowed. She still hasn't responded to my letters and honestly it saddens me that she's still mad at me this bad.

"Are you allowed to visit?"

"Huh...probably not. I know Floyd visited her once- but it was back when she first went there. They probably won't allow me too if they're making progress." I pout and lay my head against his chest and wish there was some way to get her to forgive me.

"I'm sorry, Baby. I know how much you miss her."

"I just want my friend back." Pushing my fingers through his chest hair, I hate this helpless feeling. What if she comes back and hates me forever? I was only concerned for her well being and yet I'm being persecuted for it.

"I know. I miss her as well. Candelario is doing great, but it's just not the same ED without Bloom."

"I know. I hate going down there anymore." His alarm clock goes off on his Phone and it's already 7:25. "Guess you gotta get a shower and get going."

"Unfortunately."

"You'll be. Just make sure if you're not taking your syringe to chew extra well. Okay? I don't need you choking to death over turkey or ham- whatever the choice of meat is."

"Are you implying it'll be dry either way?" He smirks and smirk as well and shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not saying it won't be..."