Part 101: The Fight To End It All

The wedding was a blast- if you enjoy chaos with the French.

Needless to say there was a runaway bride and Jack left after the alter wondering where the stiffest drink would be served. I felt horrible for him. My little brother deserved more that a no show. He had been calling her nonstop and when she answered she more or less said she wasn't going to marry him because he was a stupid child who would never grow up. He had done a lot of growing up- he was preparing to be a father-and she was just to stupid to see that. Jack isn't the smartest of the Sharpes. He isn't the hard working one either- but he is by far the sweetest of us. He never deserved to be treated that way.

The only bright side to it all, was Mum had her baby boy all to herself again.

And as far as babies go- it was all a rues on the French Whore's behalf. The child was never Jack's- but a German man name Fredrick. The German was her ex and finally decided to take his head out of his arse and take responsibility.

Whether Jack was fully ready to be a father or not- is a different question for a different  day.

A silver lining for someone at least- Henry and Cassian hit it off splendidly. It was rather odd, seeing my childhood...friend- I guess- making out with a new one, but it is what it is. As long as they're happy-  I don't really care.

Flying home was a trip though. Lauren couldn't stop staring at Cassian and Henry- who decided to come back with us- who were making out the whole way home.

"So...he's not."

"Nope." I say.

"And he and Henry are..."

"Yep."

"How did I not see this coming?" Lauren is baffled and Casey comes back from the Lou in the back of the plane.

"Because you refuse to see the simplest of things." Casey says, a bit aggravated.  All weekend he had tried to court Lauren, but of course she kept making excuses and running away-scared to confess her own feelings. Casey withheld his as usual, because what was the point in fighting Lauren Bloom?

"What's that supposed to mean?" She growls and he sits on the other side of me.

"Nothing. We have an hour left of this flight- let's just get home and go back to our normal boring lives." His voice is full of pain and I feel horrible for him. He's such a sweet guy and yet Lauren is being a bitch to him, because she's scared. Yet she was really pissed when she thought her mom was seeing him.

She makes zero sense.

**One Hour and 45 Minutes Later***

"Hey Ig- just got home. Let me know when I can come get the dogs okay? Thanks again for watching them. I appreciate it. Talk to you soon." I leave a voice mail and walk from the subway to my house. Everyone went their separate ways- especially Lauren and Casey- who divided quicker than water and oil. My phone goes off and it's Iggy. "Hey! Just got home..."

"Yeah- I got your message." He sounds upset.

"Iggy? Iggy what's wrong? What happened?!" I stop in my tracks and shake nervously.

"Helen...I'm so...so...I'm so..." Tears come to my eyes. Oh God. Something happened!

"Ig! Where are you? I'm coming."

"Central Park....North side..."

"Alright stay there!" Running to the edge of the street, I hail a cab as my heart pounds heavily in my chest. When a cab stops, I hop in and give them coordinates.  They drive at a moderate pace and I just wish they would go faster. What happened? Which dog got hurt? Or did one of the kids get hurt? Martin? I want to know. I want to know now. Pulling up tot he North gate of the park, I don't need to go far to see what happened. My heart stops and I feel sick to my stomach.