Part 104: Forward Moving Mindset

**October 4th- Two Months Later**

When Mum said she wanted an empty nest- she didn't mean in a month or so- she meant asafp (as soon as fucking possible). Her friend Darlene has a daughter in real estate and the days that came after I arrived was spent with Annie Dunn, looking at houses, condos, apartments, bungalows. The works.

I must've seen at least forty houses in three days- all either too lavish, too expensive, or not my style.

My Mum was right.

I loved my New York house.

I loved the location, the structure, the furnishings, the layout. English homes are just so...different.

Pulling up in Pershore, Worcestershire which is 2 hours and some odd minutes from London and my Mum- Annie parks her car across the street from a green brick semi-detached home that sits just between two small white bricked homes. It looks like a small space.

Then again, what kind of space do I need for me and Sophie? She told me on the ride over it was a three bedroom with two full size baths

Then again, what kind of space do I need for me and Sophie? She told me on the ride over it was a three bedroom with two full size baths. Ha! I highly doubt that.

"This is slotted at £395,000 and has a nice back garden with privacy fencing. There's a balcony off the second story- which what I love about it, is the spiral staircase that comes down to the garden. Anyway, let's take a tour shall we?" Nodding, I follow her across the street and we enter into a small hallway, with stairs off to the left, similar to my old home. "The floors are a dark cherry wood, all natural. The home was constructed back in 1989 and recently was under renovation a year ago. It's three stories- counting the basement of course, which has a wonderful two wall built in bookcases- but we'll see that later. So right through here is the kitchen. Very contemporary- very sleek. Black marbled countertops, a nice eat in kitchen island and off the back of the house is the dining area that is a nice sun room as well.. nice view of the backyard."

It's not a big backyard, but considering it's price, it's not too small either. It could be worse.

"Back in the kitchen, you'll find in this corner, the stairs to go to the basement as well as your double stacked washing and a drying machines. Let's head down stairs real quick." Taking me down the L shaped stairs, the basement is about the size of my old one. White washed walls, tan carpet. The book cases are very nice and there is a small radiator in the corner. "Not very big, but for a home office or even another bedroom- it would do the job."

"Indeed." I follow her back upstairs and she leads me off the kitchen to the living room, which is rather closed off and small. It would never fit my Suede sectional.

"A nice natural gas stove to keep you warm in the winter, as well as plush shag carpet and this lovely purple accent wall. Not the best view off the front, but it's to be expected in this part of town. Let me show you the two downstairs bedrooms and shared bath. Don't know if you're counting on little ones, but the split double bedrooms are nice so they won't be fighting over who's room is bigger. They are 8 by 11 and both have a standard closet and doors to the bathroom- which is a full with tub and shower." Very basic looking, kind of smaller than what I'm used too. Oh well. Leading me upstairs, she comes to the top master bedroom. Opening it up, it's about the size of my old bedroom, the on suite is huge with a walk in closet. It has a built in wall shoe shelves and clothes bars. Very nice indeed. "Here we have the master bedroom. Very large, very lush. Soft gray walls and a nice red accented wall. Very chic. And here is the balcony."