Part Eighty-Seven: Charly's Attack

Walking across the grated floor that sits above the first story, I slowly follow Max to the Solitary Confinement Sector of the Prison. It seems even more run down. The smell of must consumes the floor.

"We're gonna need your bags before you can go in." A female CO states and I furrow my brows.

"But we need our bags to treat the patient."

"Yeah, and I need the bags to avoid anyone getting killed." The CO says and Max nods.

"Fair enough." Handing the bags over to another CO, we step up to the door as the female opens the small door that is used to pass food trays through and announces that Max and I are there to visit her. Opening the door up, we notice that Charly is in fact the woman from earlier with the wild red hair. "Hi, Charly. I'm Max Goodwin and this is Helen Sharpe. We're doctors. Your girlfriend Dezy said that you were experiencing some concerning symptoms."

She doesn't move or say anything. All she does is twist her fingers around and around her hair and as I'm about to ask her something she pulls the lump of hair from her hand and let's it fall to the floor.

"Charly, are you pulling your hair out or is it coming out on it's own?" I ask and Max steps forward.

"May I take a look. May I see." He goes to touch her and she slaps his head away. The COs behind us are ready to charge in, but Max wards them off. "It's alright. It's fine."

"Back the hell up! Both of you just back the hell up!" Charly lowly growls.

"Alright. Okay." We back up towards the door and she stands up.

"You laughing at me? You come in here and laugh at me? No, I laugh at you." She says maniacally as she comes forward a step.

"Charly, Desy is just concerned..." I start to say.

"You don't say her name!" Rushing forward, she grabs me at my chest and shoulder full forcefully shoved me out of the room and sends me hard into the metal door across the small hallway. As she yells the CO closes the door and Max is right there. I'm shaking and my right breast hurts terribly.

"You alright? Helen?" Placing his hand on my right elbow, I can only nod and touch his chest with my left hand and grab onto his forearm of his left arm that has my elbow.

"You two need to step out. You're not gonna be about to talk to her. She has your number." The one male CO states and I just try and find air for my lungs. That scared the Hell out of me and it hurt terribly.

"Alright. Yeah, we're going." Walking back towards where we entered from, Max and I are trying to bounce ideas off of each other about what could be wrong with her. She's not crazy. It's honestly just her symptoms. We get half way across the metal grated floor and stop just short of the next barred off section. Between the extension of her neck veins, her hair loss and her wobbly leg- I watch Max try and piece all the parts together.

"Let me save you some time. She's nuts." The female CO says- her Brooklyn accent tickling at my ears.

"She has all the symptoms that all doctors would have wanted checked out yesterday. Her psychological behavior is...wait...it's not psychological." He starts back towards Charly's cell and I follow him. The CO coming after us angrily. "Open it up."

"Sir..."

"Open it up. I know what's wrong with her." He demands and she sighs before opening up the door. He slowly walks in and puts his hand back- gesturing that I don't come in. "Helen, stand at the door with you hand up. Charly..."

"Back up little man." She eyes me and Max just continues inward.

"I need you to look in my eyes."