First Day of School in The Wizarding World

(Celia pov)

As we were all silent in the class, writing down what Professor McGonagall asked us to write about transfigurations.

Sometimes second years and first years would be in a class together when a curriculum clashes.

Harry Potter and the Weasley kid came running through the doors and into the classroom.

"Bloody hell," I muttered under my breath, they scared me.

"Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" The cat jumps off the desk and turns into Professor McGonagall.

The two boys stared in amazement at her as she stood up straight and crossed her arms.

"That was bloody brilliant," The Weasley kid says to the Professor as she stood with her arms crossed.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, maybe one of you would be on time." I held in my laughter as the boys stood in front of the Professor in embarrassment.

"We got lost," says Harry to Professor McGonagall.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats," I snorted and the boys glare at me, I pursed my lips and then smile, I got back to writing in my book.

"Miss Malfoy, stop laughing," Professor McGonagall scolds and I cleared my throat and kept writing.

"What's so funny, Malfoy?" My head shot up and I stare at the pair.

"Sorry you got burned by Professor McGonagall," I replied sarcastically before smiling, "I just thought it was funny, no need to cry about it, mate."

"Yeah, yeah save it, your pesky git of a brother gave me some of his dumb piece of mind this morning at breakfast." The Weasley kid tells me and I sighed.

"He's dense, but means well... sometimes," I muttered before I picked my quill up and continued writing. "And remember, I'm in Hufflepuff, not Slytherin."

"Mm," the Weasley kid saw my uniform and rose his eyebrows, "bet your dad is real happy 'bout that," he said to me.

"He knows I'm not like them, but I don't know what he'll do to me," I say in response before seeing Miss McGonagall staring at us.

"Talk later, Malfoy," Harry said to me.

"It's Celia, Potter," I told him before getting back to work.

As everyone was chattering in the potions room, the door suddenly slams open and Professor Snape comes rushing in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few..."

Snape looks at Draco, who smiles at him.

"...Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... in death."

Draco raises his eyebrows before he nudged me, I look at him in annoyance before watching Snape once again.

Snape's attention was drawn on to Harry who was writing this down in his book.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not... pay... attention." Snape snaps, it was aimed at Harry.