Task Two: The Black Lake

(Celia POV) (skip forward to February)

I was talking to Harry since George snuck me into the Gryffindor common room again.

"Okay, Harry, today's the second task, you know that this is going to be scary... but you got this." I assured him.

"Thanks, I know," Harry told me, he was beyond nervous.

"Look, I helped Cedric as soon as I knew what the task was, I assume he told you about the egg?" I asked him as I stood up and made my around him.

I stand behind him as I softly massaged his shoulders. I was more nervous than he was I think, his hand touched my wrist and I moved slightly and then kept going.

"He did, thank you for helping, I really appreciate it, Celia," Harry told me as his head leaned back so I could look down at him.

"Not a problem." I say.

"That feels really good..." Harry mumbled and I chuckled.

"Now, Neville knows what yours is, I know what's Cedric is going to be. I need you to promise me that no matter what, you focus on yourself. You don't want to drown, Harry." I told him seriously.

"What else do you know about it?"

"The merpeople aren't friendly," I whispered, "they're vicious, they will do anything to keep fresh meat down in the water. Be quick and on guard."

"Hey," I turn my head to see Fred and George, George handed me his sweater and I thanked him as I put it on.

"Now, Harry, you need to leave and so do we," I told him as he stood up and looked at me while I slip my cardigan on.

"Yeah, we do."

"Do whatever you can to be safe, I want to see your face when you get out of that water, Potter." I told him seriously, "and don't waste time down in that water."

"Thank you for helping me, really, thank you so much," Harry hugs me and I pat his back as I let him go.

I watched Harry leave with a concerned look on my face, I prayed today would go well. I took George's hand into my own absentmindedly as I fix my hair.

"Let's go."

Fred and George went to go take bets from people, so I was with Harry and Neville.

"You're sure about this Neville?" Harry asks Neville as we walked across the jetty.

"Absolutely," Neville responds to him.

"For an hour?" Harry questions him and I nervously look to Neville as he did to me.

"Most likely," we answered him.

"Most likely?" Harry shrieked at us.

"Well there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater." Neville mentions to Harry in a panicked tone.

"You're telling me this now? You must be joking!" Harry cries to us.

"I just wanted to help," Neville said and I pat his back.

"Well that makes you a right sight better than Ron and Hermione. Where are they anyway?" Harry asks as he nervously looks around. I gulped since I found out that... they're the task.

"You seem a little tense Harry," Neville points out.

"Do I?" Harry asks back sarcastically.

"Harry," he looks at me and I hug him to my side, "you're going to be fine, Ron and Hermione are probably already there waiting to cheer you on." I lied as we kept walking.