The Boy Who Lived

(Celia POV)

We were all inside, no death eaters were around and we were confused as well as on edge.

My hand was in George's as we stood together in silence, he's stopped crying, but I can still hear his heart breaking inside.

We started to walk outside, I was in complete daze, but my instincts told me to go outside.

"C'mon George," I whispered and he nods as he trails behind me as we walked together.

-

"Who's that...?" Neville turns and sees that Ginny as well as everyone else has slowly stared to come out into the courtyard as Neville stood on the broken steps. "...Hagrid's carrying?" Neville was silent, "Neville, who is that?"

"What's going on here, Neville?" Arthur asks him as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

Neville starts to speak but falters simply because he can't bear to look at us.

I look onwards to see Voldemort and the others, moving with them, as they draw near. All eyes drift to Hagrid and what lays in his arms.

Harry.

The scream that came from McGonagall sent shivers down my spine, it was horrible, the screech of agonising pain from seeing the boy she watched over since he was a baby made me sick to my stomach to listen to.

"No... Harry," I cover my mouth in horror, I failed... I failed to protect him. "Fuck, Dumbledore's going to kill me." I whispered as I went to walk forward, but George pulled me back.

"Don't." I reluctantly nod as we watched on in despair, another one fallen, which means Voldemort has won.

"No... NO!" Ginny's primal cry echoes over the grounds as she rushes towards Voldemort, but Arthur steps between and wraps his daughter in his arms, letting her struggle briefly before pulling her tighter, closer, safer.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort points his wand to the sky with a crack.

"Stupid girl. You cry for that?" Voldemort gestures to the body lying still in Hagrid's arms.

"Tell me. These last few hours as you collected the dead and tended your wounded was he by your side?" He asks us.

He nods, as if our silence was an answer to him.

"While your hands ran dark with the blood of mothers and sons, fathers and daughters, brothers and sisters, his were clasped in prayer— but it was a prayer for one and one only. While you battled courageously, until you could no longer will yourself to stand, he had long since fallen to his knees. While you cursed me until your voices grew ragged, he begged me for mercy in a voice as meek as a child's."

We all continue to stand in silence.

"So do not cry for that. He's not worthy of your tears. And do not despair of his betrayal. You were never in his heart. Not for one single solitary beat."

"Liar!" Ron shouts, Voldemort flicks his wand and Ron drops to his knees, grimacing in pain. Voldemort gestures to him.

"Did you not hear me! Harry Potter is dead!" Voldermort roars in triumph. "From this day forward, you put your faith in me or suffer the consequences. HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" His followers bellow in laughter.

"Now is the time to declare yourself."

There is a nervous murmur among the crowd.

"Draco..." father said and I look at him,  "Celia," my eyes widened as people look around, "Draco, Celia, don't be stupid."