Back on The Grind

(Celia pov)

There was a teeming mass of students were fighting their way to class on the first day of the term. Amidst it all, McGonagall stands tall and stern. I walked up to McGonagall and she smiles at me.

"History of Magic is up, ladies, not down!" She calls.

"Oi! Davies that's the girl's toilet..." I shake my head and she scoffs a small laugh beside me.

I watched as McGonagall's eyes shift, she finds Harry and Ron sitting upon a ledge, clearly deriving immense pleasure from the chaos.

"Potter!" McGonagall calls and I chucked as I saw their smiles drop while McGonagall beckons him with a finger.

Ron grins as Harry makes his way "upstream" to McGonagall and I.

"Enjoying ourself, are we?" She asks him in amusement.

"Well, you see, I've got an open period this morning, Professor," Harry said with a smile.

"So I noticed. I would think you'd want to fill it with Potions. Or is it no longer your ambition to become an Auror?" I turn my head slightly in an interested gesture.

"It is. Or was. But I was told I had to get an Outstanding in my O.W.Ls."

"And so you did when Professor Snape was teaching Potions. However, Professor Slughorn is perfectly happy to accept N.E.W.T. students with 'Exceeds and Expectations.'" She hints to him and he nods his head before smiling.

"Really? Well... brilliant. I'll head there straight away." Harry told her.

"Good. And take Weasley with you. He looks far too happy over there." McGonagall said as she points to Ron, Harry laughs as he walked away and took the amused-looking Ron with him.

"Professor?" I say as I slowly turn my attention to her, "Professor Slughorn... used to be a teacher here back when Tom was a student, right?" I asked her.

"Yes," she said to me, "what do you think?" She questioned me and I sigh.

"That Harry is being set up to know more about himself than he's gonna want to," I answered, "McGonagall, my job is to protect Harry, is Dumbledore sure this is the way to tell him?" I ask her.

"We just have to trust him," she told me, "but for now, Miss Malfoy, you better get going and pretend everything is normal."

"I have a free study period," I smirk at her and she smacked me with the rolled up parchment.

"Go on, get," she smiles and I snicker as I walked away, "go take up Herbology!"

"I already have it!" I shout back before turning the corner and left to go study in the library before my D.A.D.A class.

I had my eyes covered as we listened to Snape drawl on for so long on the one bloody subject that I thought I was gonna fall asleep.

"This class isn't for sleeping... Miss Malfoy!" I slowly look up and harden a withering glare at Snape. He stared me in the eyes before spinning around to the board.

"Mm..." I grumble before going back into the position I was in and started reading my notes to myself quietly.

Snape continues to talk about jinxes and hexes in his drawled out tone as he turned the slideshow over with a simple wave of his wand.

"Sir?" I ask with the raise of my hand.

"Yes?" Snape replies before I placed my hand down.

"If an unbreakable vow is made and someone doesn't live up to it..." I start and his eyebrows raise, "what happens to you?"