Werewolves and A Bad Day Of Quidditch

(Celia pov)

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin. I —"

"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down."

Harry sat down.

"Turn to page 394," Snape said to us, I was sitting beside Draco as we flicked through the pages, I just rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry questions Snape.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Draco and I look at each other before we watched Harry and Snape.

"Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394." I finally got there and rose my eyebrows.

"Werewolves?" Ron says in surprise.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks," Hermione told Snape.

"Quiet," Snape responds in his usual drawn out tone.

"When did she come in?" Ron whispers to me, "Did you see her come in?" I shake my head at him before Harry shrugs his shoulders.

"Sir?" I say as I rose my hand, he nods as I put my hand down, "why are third and fourth years together again?" I asked him.

"Dumbledore requested it," he answers plainly.

"Oh, okay." I replied as he kept walking.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asks as he faced away from us, "Anyone?" Snape said, ignoring Hermione and I. His twisted smile was back. "Are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between—"

"We told you," Parvati said suddenly, "we haven't got as far as werewolves yet, we're still on—"

"Silence!" Snape snarled. "Well, well, well, I never thought I'd meet a third-year class who wouldn't even recognize a werewolf when they saw one. I shall make a point of informing Professor Dumbledore how very behind you all are..."

I had my hand up but he didn't even look at us.

"Oh, why do I bloody bother?" I whispered as I put my hand down in annoyance.

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Draco elbows me before immitaing a howl.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" I chewed my lip and then looked away as I tried not to laugh.

"You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask if you don't want to be told?" Ron snapped.

The class knew instantly he'd gone too far. Snape advanced on Ron slowly, and the room held its breath.

"Detention, Weasley," Snape said silkily, his face very close to Ron's. "And if I ever hear you criticize the way I teach a class again, you will be very sorry indeed."

"Five points from Gryffindor," Snape said and a few people groan, Draco nudges me before he blew an origami crane towards Harry, "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning..."