Third Year Of Hogwarts

(Celia pov) (Third Year)

"Yeah and you're a royal pain in my arse too," I told Draco before Father smacked the pair of us.

"Play nicely, children," Father told us.

"Yes Father," we both say as we walked down Knockturn Alley.

"Good," I opened the door and Father along with Draco walked into a store. I shut the door behind myself and followed Draco.

Mr. Borgin emerges from the back room, arms full of things before setting them down and smiled at my father. "Mr. Malfoy! What a pleasure to see you again. If I may, just in today—"

"—I'm not buying today, Mr. Borgin. But selling." Father told him.

"Selling?" Mr. Borgin repeats.

"You have heard, of course, that the Ministry of Magic is conducting more raids. There are even rumors of a new Muggle Protection Act..." Father said, unravelling a roll of parchment and handing it to Borgin.

"I have a few... ah... items at home that might prove embarrassing if the Ministry were to call. Certain poisons and the like..."

"Hmmm... yes. I see..." He mutters in reply, Draco tugged my hand and I followed him to the crushing cabinet.

Draco drifts to the Hand of Glory, reaches out, when... the hand grabs him. Draco shrieks, but manages to slip free unfortunately while I was sniggering at him; then he calms himself as he huffs.

"Shut up," he snapped at before turning to Father. "Can I have this?" Draco asked Father.

"Ah, the Hand of Glory. Insert a candle and it gives light only to the holder. Best friend of thieves and plunderers. Your son has fine taste, sir." Mr. Borgin adds to Father.

"Hopefully my son will amount to more than a thief, Mr. Borgin. Though if his marks don't pick up—"

"It's not my fault the teachers have favorites. That Hermione Granger—" Draco starts.

"—I would have thought you'd be ashamed that a girl of no wizarding family beat you in every exam," Father said in reply.

"She beat him in every exam because she studied and he didn't," I told Father as I continued to wander around with a small hum.

"Shut up, Celia," Draco sneers at me and I poke my tongue out at him.

"It's the same all over. Wizard blood is counting for less everywhere," Mr. Borgin said and then looks at me, "what's a Hufflepuff doin' in here?" He snarls, my eyebrows raise, I went to say something but my Father stood in front of me.

"Don't talk to my daughter like that," Father said, I lower my head in shame. "Run along now, Celia." I nod and walked away while Father and Mr. Borgin exchange a few things as I watched Draco for a moment.

"Very good. I'll expect you at the manor tomorrow. Come, Draco and Celia."

"Yes Father," I opened the door and let them both out before following them.

We had almost everything we needed in Diagon Alley, as we were leaving I saw in front of a bookstore that many people were flooding it.

"Father, we haven't gotten my books yet," I told him, he nods and we walked towards the bookstore called Flourish and Blotts.

-

"Make way there. Please! Let me by, madam. Thank you. Excuse me, little girl. This is for the Daily Prophet." Draco and I watched from above, I wanted to say hi to my friends, but he didn't let me.