Learning to Defend

(Celia POV)

We were all in the room of requirement as we started practicing the Expelliarmus spell. I tied my hair up with my wand in my mouth.

"Ready?" Harry asks me as I took my wand out of my mouth and nod.

"Ready," I replied.

"Now, I'm going to be using Celia as an example since she knows this spell really well," I smile awkwardly as I wave to everyone watching.

"Now, in a real battle people won't be like this, you can't stand still, you will be running like your life depends on it." I told them as we faced each other, "and if you and another wizard or witch are standing still, make sure your posture is strong enough or you will fall."

"You sound like you've been in a war," Ron says with a laugh.

"Feels like it."

"Now, let's begin," Harry said as we got into our position, "ready?"

"As I'll ever be, Potter," I told him and he nods as he swishes his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" He shouts and my wand flies out of my hand. "Now see how I swish my wand?" He asks the group as Hermione handed me my wand back.

"Don't over flourish," I told them, "or it won't work."

"Thanks," Harry smiles at me and I nod as I look down at my shoes and listen to Harry talking and instructing the group on wand technique.

-

I set up the target and gave it a fake wand as Harry got everyone to line up.

"Perfect," Harry told me and I glance at him before nodding as I stop and walk to the side.

"Go on, Neville," Harry said to him since he was first to try the Expelliarmus spell.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville shouts, but his wand flies out of his own hand and rockets towards the mirror wall.

"I'm hopeless," Neville said with a heavy sigh.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this. Expelliarmus." Harry demonstrates and the wand flies out of the targets hand.

(Next day)

I sat in class as Miss Umbridge walked around the classroom, "You will please copy the approved text four times to ensure maximum retention."

"Miss?" I ask as I raise my hand, she looks at me and I put my hand down, "What does the spell Impedimenta do?"

"Why would you want to know that?" She asks me sweetly.

Ugh.

"I'm just curious," I told her in reply, "I read it in a book, but I don't remember what it does." I lie.

"The spell Impedimenta freezes the victim the spell is used against," she told me and I thank her.

"There will be no need to talk." Umbridge told the class as small chatter was heard in the background.

"See?" Fred said as we walk into the Great Hall after herbology, "I told you we'd get the points back." I flick a bit of dirt at him and smile.

"For your house, not for Hufflepuff," I correct him.

He gives me a little shove and I push him back, tripping him up. "Miss Malfoy!" McGonagall scolds as she walks past.

I reach out and help Fred up. He doesn't let go of my hand for a moment as he towers over me.

"Sup?" I say as George shoves past us. I grin at Fred. It gets to George when we muck around.