Professor Umbitch.

(Celia POV)

I yawned as we watched Professor Umbridge neatly write on the chalkboard. It was irritating how beautiful her stupid handwriting was.

"Whoa," I whispered to myself, I sound like my younger brother.

"What?" Jackson asks me and I shake my head in reply.

"I just thought about how much I sound like my pesky brother sometimes... gross," I mutter and we both chuckled.

"Good morning, children," I internally groaned as her high-pitched dainty voice, "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls."

"We know this..." I whispered to Jackson.

"More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." We all look at each other in confusion.

I raised my hand and she looks at me and points to me with her wand, "Miss Umbridge... we're sixth years, we've been preparing for O-W-Ls since last year." I told her.

She looked at me with a risen eyebrow before turning around.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic."

"And my statement was ignored, perfect," I say with a small throw of my hands.

"I'll try," Jackson whispers as he rose his hand up as she turns back around to look at us.

"Yes?" Umbridge asks Jackson with a small giggle following, "hem hem."

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Jackson said as he flicked through the pages while pointing to the book.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Umbridge replies to Jackson innocently, something about her makes my blood boil.

"We're not gonna use magic?" I asked her in confusion, "then what's the point of this class?" I sassed her.

"Students will not disrespect me in my classroom!" She shouts and I straightened my posture, "you'll see me after class, Miss Malfoy."

"Yay me," I reply sarcastically.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." Umbridge continues, it made my blood boil, like actually boil... she was irritating.

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." I say in a stern tone of voice.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class!" She barks back at me and I glare at her, putting my hand up.

"It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about." She said.

That's it.

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" I questioned her with a bit of nerve behind my tone, my hand in the air.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" Umbridge questions me.

Oh, I don't know. I could name a few if you'd like," I said to her angrily.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie." She said to us.

"Death Eaters have been spotted near this school already!" I told her as I stood from my seat, "they were at the Quidditch World Cup, they were at the tournament the night Cedric died, they've been everywhere!"