Death Eater March

(Celia pov) (continued from last chapter)

We were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward everyone on the night air as we all retraced our steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over everyone's heads, cackling and waving their lanterns.

Draco, Father and I were walking together after the match, talking happily about the winning of the Irish; when suddenly father disappeared and so did Draco, so I was alone in the camping area.

"And then I–" I turn my head to see that I was on my own, "Father?! Draco?!" I called out in confusion, I had no idea where they were.

By the light of the few fires that were still burning, I could see people running away into the woods, fleeing from something that was moving across the field toward the crowd, something that was emitting odd flashes of light and noises like gunfire. Loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward witches and Wizards; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.

BOOM!

Screams erupted through the camp sight as Death Eaters appeared and started attacking people. I had no idea what to do, so I ran and screamed just like everyone else did. I felt myself being pushed hither and thither by people whose faces I could not see.

A crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upward, was marching slowly across the field.

BOOM!

I fell on to the ground from being pushed by scared people scrambling and screaming as they ran away from the Death Eaters attacking and killing innocent Witches and Wizards; their heads were hooded and their faces masked. High above everyone, floating along in midair, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes.

It was as though the masked wizards on the ground were puppeteers, and the people above everyone running and screaming were marionettes operated by invisible strings that rose from the wands into the air. Two of the figures were very small.

More wizards were joining the marching group, laughing and pointing up at the floating bodies. Tents crumpled and fell as the marching crowd swelled. Once or twice I saw one of the marchers blast a tent out of his way with his wand. Several caught fire. The screaming grew louder.

"Ah!" I was kicked in the face accidentally when people ran past me, I grunted as I was back in the dirt.

As I went to get off the ground again, a Death Eater stood in front of me, pointing their wand at my face.

"P-Please! Please don't kill me!" I cried to them for mercy, "I'm only Fifteen, please!" I screamed at them as they stared me in the eyes before lifting their wand up, pointing it at me.

Their foot stomped on my chest and I gasped in shock. I shut my eyes and waited for them to use a spell against me.

I couldn't escape, even if I wanted to, I'm underage and can't use magic. They lifted their foot off my chest and then crushed their foot into my arm; I screamed as I wriggled under the pressure.

"I'm a pureblood!" I never of thought that I'd have to use that card, "a Malfoy!"

They didn't care, their wand was still in my face. "Avada—" they started the killing curse then—