Back To Hogwarts

(Celia POV) (after the holidays)

"Come on, slowpoke," I say as Fred and George get on the train, I look around for Padfoot, Moody and Harry before getting on the train.

"You think he'll be okay?" Fred asks as we walk down the corridors to find a compartment.

"Yep," I told him in response before pointing to a vacant compartment and we climb into that one.

"You think so?" George asks me.

"I know so, he's getting on the train as we speak," I reply as I took a bite out of the sandwich Mrs Weasley packed for me.

Mr Midnight gets out of his cage and sat in my lap, I pull my book out from my bag and opened it to where I was left off.

"Hope we don't have a test straight away," George grumbles.

"Neither do I," Fred and I replied to George.

"Do you know what you have first?"

"I have DADA with a new teacher apparently," I told them, "I don't even know this Professor."

"What's their name?" Fred asks.

"Professor Umbridge?" I replied in confusion and they shook their heads.

"Never heard of her," they answered me.

"Great."

We all sat in the great hall as we awaited for Dumbledore to make his speech, the first years sorting has already been over with which is lovely.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank..." we have a round of applause to Grubbly as he rose from his chair before sitting back down.

"...who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures... while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." Harry and I exchange concerned looks before listening on.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you—" Dumbledore stopped as the woman in a disgusting pink outfit put her hand up.

Hem, hem.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome." She rose from her chair and walked out to the front. I don't think Dumbledore knew what to do.

"And how lovely to see all your bright...
happy faces smiling up at me." No one was smiling, "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"Only if I don't have to wear that ghastly cardigan," I heard Pavarti whisper and it made me smile in amusement.

"Yeah right." I muttered as I leaned on my hand.

"That's likely." The twins say sarcastically and I snorted before clearing my throat as I tried not to laugh.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged."

"What the hell is she on about?" Susan whispers to me.

"She's from the Ministry of Magic, basically they're interfering with Hogwarts." I whispered back and she shakes her head in disappointment.

"Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." Umbridge makes a small noise before smiling.