Defense skills and Charms

(Celia POV)

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's a wizard's bread and butter, really." Harry explains to the class as we all stood either side of the small walk way we made for Harry and Nigel.

"So come on, then, Nigel. Give it your best shot." We all watched the second year as he nervously gulps as he fixed his posture and then whacked his wand forward.

"Stupefy!" He shouts and Harry was knocked on to his back, we all look at Harry and then back to Nigel as he too was on the ground.

"Good. Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done." Harry praises as he got himself off the ground.

"You okay kid?" I asked as I walked over and helped Nigel up.

-

It was now other students' turn to use the spells that's Harry has taught them, he wanted me there to help out since I knew a lot of defensive spells.

"Don't worry. I'll go easy on you." Ron said to Hermione.

"Thanks, Ronald." Hermione said and then looks at me, I shrug my shoulders as they walked to the opposite ends of the walkway we've made.

"Come on, Ron." The twins cheer.

"Come on, Ron." A few other boys say.

"You can do it." Dean said.

I walked over and stood beside Neville as he shook his fist to Ron to cheer him on, Neville looks at me as I cross my arms and watch.

"One Sickle." George whispers to Fred.

"You're on." Fred whispered back.

"Wands at the ready," I say and they pulled their wands out, "go."

"Stupefy." Hermione said first and Ron yelps as he went flying back. All the boys groan as the girls surround Hermione as she laughs with them.

"Thank you." Fred said as George slapped the money into Fred's hand.

"Shut up." He grumbles.

"I let her do that. It's good manners, isn't it?" Ron awkwardly cleared his throat as Fred crossed his arms and gave Ron a look.

"It was completely intentional..." Ron mumbles.

"Right," I say sarcastically, "totally intentional."

"Shut up, yeah?" Ron grumbles and I snickered, "you against Harry, come on Mrs Smartass."

"I take that as a challenge," I told Ron proudly before looking at Harry. "Potter!" I shout and he looks at me, "you and me, let's go."

"All right," a few people 'ooh' as we stood into position.

"Are we just doing stupefy or can we block?" I asked him.

"Blocking is allowed," Harry told me and I nod my head.

"Should we show them an example?"

"Yep," we got into position, "want to show protego?" Harry asks.

"What's protego?"

"The Shield Charm, Protego, is a charm that protects the caster with an invisible shield that reflects spells and blocks physical entities. Conjurations can sometimes rebound directly off it back towards the caster, or in other cases, may ricochet off in other directions or dissipate as soon as they hit the shield. There were multiple variations of the Shield Charm." I explained to the group as I pulled my wand out.

"Ready, Malfoy?" Harry asks.

"Yes, Potter," I reply, I motioned him to go and he gave a quick nod.