Chapter 3

You and Hermione were still completely involved in your conversation about dresses when lunch ended. You grudgingly got up to go the common room. You both had a free period, and why not use it to get some homework done? Hermione stood and began to follow you from the Great Hall when you stopped in your place.

Across the Great Hall you could see a bleach blonde boy slipping away from the Great Hall. He looked sly and small, as if he was trying to get away unnoticed.

You tapped Hermione and pointed to his figure just as he slipped from sight.

"Can we follow him?" You begged Hermione. She gave you a look. "Please, Mione, please!! I'd do anything to have information Malfoy doesn't want me to! You hate him too, you've got to!"

Hermione thought about it. "I dunno, Y/n. I don't think it's a good idea-"

"Hermione, what if he's going to...to... I don't know... beat up muggle children! Or... or throw away someone's homework?"

Finally Hermione gave in. You found it quite funny that that was what it took to get her to follow through with your plan.

The both of you followed him up a couple flights of stairs, staying a safe distance away to make sure he didn't spot you. Finally after a few minutes of walking you saw him slip into the hallway towards the Astronomy tower.

Hermione froze and you motioned for her to follow.

"But... the Astronomy tower is closed this week. Dumbledore prohibited anyone to go up there. Said it got a little messed up when a fourth year's potion experiment went wrong." She informed you. You shrugged, starting to climb the stairs. "No way." Hermione said. "I'm not going up there."

You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. I'm going. I'll catch you later, Mione!" You called behind you, ascending the stair case. Hermione glared at you for a second before turning on her heel, and walking away. You giggled. Hermione couldn't stay mad at anyone for longer than an hour. Well, other than Malfoy, of course.

You let your mind run as the sound of your footsteps echoed within the tower. You walked lightly until finally, the top came into view. Now you walked quieter, making sure not to make a peep as you made it to the door. You placed your hand quietly on the doorknob and slowly but surely opened the door.

You peeked your head in, quietly looking for the blonde.

Before you could completely scan the room, the view from the top distracted you. The sky was a bright blue with a few fluffy white clouds. You could see for miles, the green of the trees distracting you.

Enthralled by the beauty of the view, you took a few steps into the room, forgetting your original purpose for coming here.

A few more steps into the room and you would remember. You hadn't even heard him as a tall figure grabbed you from behind you swiftly pushed you over to the wall. Their strong hand went directly to your throat and you struggled for air. The air smelled heavily of cologne, so much so that it burned your nose. Was this person really going to kill you? The feeling of their ring pushed against your airways was a cold, burning pain. You struggled to push them away until finally your attacker let out a relieved breath and loosened their grip substantially. You opened your eyes and glared forward to see none other than Draco Malfoy. It should've been obvious.