Chapter 19

"Hermione!" You tap her shoulder. She glares at you.

"Come talk to me," You say, grabbing her arm.

"I don't want to." She says frustratedly. You nod at Neville to keep walking. He did so.

You pull her around a corner. "I wasn't flirting with Ron." She rolls her eyes. "Hermione! He asked me how to flirt so he could flirt with you. He asked about both light flirting and heavy flirting."

Hermione looks at you skeptically for a second, her features contorted. Finally, her face relaxes, showing relief.

"Oh thank goodness! I missed you so much." Hermione says. You hug her, both feeling relieved. Her face slowly changed.

"Wait... so if you showed him light flirting... does that mean.."

"Oh! Well, I showed him heavy flirting, but I did it with Harry." You smirk.

Hermione opens her mouth, both proud and surprised.

You chuckled. "Come on. They're waiting for us in the common room."

You and Hermione walk up the stairs to the common room. You opened the door. It smelled of christmas cookies and cinnamon.

You sit with Hermione on the couch. Ron and Harry were no where to be found. Fred and George Weasley, however, were loud as ever in the common room.

"Aye! Y/n!" Fred says. The two come and lean on the couch on either side of you.

"Yes?" You say, smirking.

"What's that?" The twins say at the same time. You look to see where they're pointing. One of them hits you on the back of your head lightly, and the two of them laugh.

You rub the back of your head, laughing. "You two are so annoying." You joke.

"Oh, annoying like Cedric?" Fred asks.

"You fancy him." George says. You blush, looking away.

"Who says?"

"Harry." The twins say at the same time.

You look up, surprised. "Harry said?"

"Yeah. Said you were flirting at breakfast."

You huff. "That's- what- I- that's rubbish." You mutter.

The twins laugh. "Sure it is." You laugh.

"Well if you two wouldn't mind, me and Hermione are going back to our room." You say. The twins wave you goodbye and go off to bother somebody else. They made you laugh.

You and Hermione walk up to your room. You open the door, let Hermione in, then sit on your bed. Hermione makes a sound of surprise.

"Oh!" She says, pulling something off her bed.

"What is it?" You ask excitedly. Hermione walks over, holding a letter.

Dear Hermione,

Hey Mione. It's Ron. Because we have to pack tonight, and I probably won't see you over the Christmas holidays, I just wanted to give you a gift. My mother made it. Hope you like it.

From, Ron

Hermione's face is tomato red as she rereads it over and over.

"Well, are you gonna look at the gift?" You ask. Hermione snaps her head up and nods.

"Yes, yes right." She says, putting down the letter and picking up the box. It's medium sized, and red and yellow.

She shakes it. "Well, open it!" You say.

Hermione unwraps a beautiful homemade sweater with the letter H on the front. A smaller sweater, that could fit a cat or dog, had a C on it.

Hermione's face goes even redder. "It's a sweater!" She cries out in happiness. "For me! And there's even one for Crookshanks." She smiles widely.

Hermione hugs the sweater to her chest, almost out of breath.