Chapter 50

You pull away from Cedric, wiping your eyes. You begin to explain everything to Cedric. About tutoring, about Pansy, and the kiss. Cedric listened well, making all the right comments and expressions. Once you had finally finished complaining, Cedric looks at you quizzically.

"Give him time." Cedric says. "I'm sure he's trying to understand it all, and I know you feel the same. Give him time, and then talk to him. Tell him everything. Honestly is key." You nodded.

"Sorry for bursting out like that... and taking you out of class." Cedric just waves his hand.

"It's no problem. That class is too tough for me anyways." You smile at him, liking talking to him. It made you feel calm, suddenly, girl with black hair rounds the corner. Cedric lights up.

"Cho!" He says, hugging her. She hugs him, and notices you. She can tell you've been crying.

"Hi, I'm Cho." She says, sitting next to you. Cedric returns to his spot.

"I'm y/n." You replied, wiping your eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asks. You just nod, not wanting to go on about your problems again.

"Yes, yes. Thanks." Cho just smiles at you as you get up to go. "Nice meeting you, Cho. I'll cya later Ced." You save them goodbye and walk down the hallway, feeling guilty.

***

Your next class was Potions. The bell rung and, after cleaning yourself up in the bathroom, you made your way to Potions. Sitting next to Ron, he threw you a confused glance.

"What happened?"

You decided to give him the short version. "Last night Draco read my diary and I kissed him. Harry found out and now he's really mad at me and I-" You said exhaustedly, pausing. "I don't know what to do."

Ron, being the idiot he is, let's his mouth hang open for a bit. "Blimey, y/n there isn't a boring day in your life, is there?"

You chuckle sadly. "No, there isn't. Believe me, I wish there was."

Snape began speaking. "Today, we will be working in groups of four." The class begins to make groups until Snape cuts in, "I will be making the groups, so sit, please." The class groaned and sat down.

"First group is- Draco Malfoy, Gregory Goyle, Ron Weasley-" Ron groaned, and you laughed at him. "-and Y/n Y/l/n."

"What!" You said.

"Please go sit in your assigned groups." You and Ron trudged over to the table that Malfoy and Goyle were at. Crabbe was put in another group.

You gave Malfoy a small smile which he did not return. Ron sat and started whining to you.

"Begin." Snape said once he had assigned all the groups. He handed out an instruction form for a new potion.

You and Ron read it over as Malfoy and Goyle waited. You looked up at the both of them.

"Are you gonna read it or not?" Goyle looked at the paper stupidly, trying to make out the words.

"I'll pass. You can explain it to me." Draco said, leaning forward in his chair.

You rolled your eyes, reading the paper aloud.

"One drop of goat tears, seven feathers of a Hippogriff-" You read on and on until you got to the bottom of the page. Draco smiled, clearly amused.

"Something funny?" You ask. He chuckles.

"You've improved a lot since our last tutoring session." Your face inflames and you see Ron give you a confused look.

"Nothing happened." You mumbled, burying your face in the book. Wishing for a different group.