Chapter 20 (Cedric gets a girlfriend)

Hermione has hung up both sweaters in her closet. She looked at them every few minutes to make sure they were safe. It made you chuckle.

The note had reminded you that the people leaving for the Christmas holidays were to leave tomorrow. You were sad, because both Ron and Hermione were leaving. Harry was staying, which really excited you.

You sat listening to Hermione ramble on as she packed. You didn't need to pack, as you didn't feel like going home this winter. You wanted some alone time with Harry.

Ginny walked in. "Hello, ladies." She smiled. You both smiled back at her. Ginny looks at the sweater in the closet.

"Ah, mom made you one too." She sees Crookshanks' sweater. "Aw! And one for Crookshanks as well. That's just adorable."

"Yeah." Hermione sighs happily.

"I just hope she hasn't made Scabbers one." You say. Both girls laugh.

"I'll let you two pack in peace. I'll be down in the common room if you need me." They nod and you go downstairs. Harry and Ron are playing chess, the twins are commentating with  snide comments, and everyone else is either watching or trying to tune them out. Just the sight makes you laugh.

Harry looks up and meets your eyes. You feel your heart flutter and walk over. You put your hand on his shoulder and look at what's happening.

"Who's winning?" You ask.

"Ron." George says.

"Obviously. No offense, Harry, but you play like a grandma who broke her arms."

The lot of you laugh. Harry's face turns a light red as he chuckles. You watch the game for a bit and then dinner time comes. You walk alone, because Harry and Ron weren't done and Ginny and Hermione were still packing. You were walking down an empty corridor when you hear footsteps behind you.

"Hey y/n." You hear Cedric's voice behind you. You spin around, immediately fixing your hair and robes. He chuckles at you.

"Cedric! Hi!" You smile.

"Walking all alone?" He asks.

"Yes. I wouldn't mind some company."

"Well luckily for you, I was here." You smile to yourself.

"Going to dinner?" You ask.

"Actually, I was waiting for Cho."

"Cho?" You ask, turning your head.

"Yeah. Cho Chang. She's a Ravenclaw, in your year I think. I've asked her on a date." l

Taken aback, you smile. "Oh! That's great! I'm happy for you." Cedric smiles at you.

He checks his watch. "Well, I should be going. I'm meeting her in the courtyard. It was nice talking to you, though, y/n!" He says. You smile, waving him goodbye.

You walked into the Great Hall. You didn't feel hungry at all. You sat, but didn't eat, knowing you would be hungry later. The rest of your friends came down close to halfway through dinner.

You left dinner early to go get some sleep.