Chapter 80

(hey guys! so i was wondering if you would rather me:

make longer chapters and post 1-2 times a day

make shorter chapters and post 2-3 times a day

lmk!)

Harry laid limply on the hospital bed. You, Fred, George, Hermione, Ron, and Lee watched him intently.

Harry suddenly blinked his eyes and opened them. You all smiled down at him. You sat in the chair next to him, stroking his hand.

"Morning sunshine." Fred said.

Harry looked around. "What's going on?"

Hermione smiled at him sadly. "Well...."

"Go on!" Harry said. He looked confused and frustrated.

"There was dementors on the pitch. And... and you kind of..." Hermione said.

"Fainted." Ron finished her sentence.

"Fainted?" Harry asked, confused. He noticed you and looked at you.

You smiled at him.

"Did we win?" Harry asked.

"Harry, it's not your fault.." Hermione spoke quietly. "Dumbledore was furious. I've never seen him so angry... screaming at people, cursing.."

Harry made a face of realization. "My broom! Where's my broom?"

All of you looked at each other, cringing.

Ron stepped forward, holding the package.

"Oh, Harry.." Hermione said sadly.

Harry looked at Ron, confused.

"It was blown away by the wind, and..." Ron opened the package, revealing the broken bits of what used to be Harry's broom. "It hit the Whomping Willow."

Harry's face drops. "Oh..." He says slowly.

"I'm so sorry Harry." You whispered. You knew this would be the end of his season. He no longer had his broom.

Madam Pomfrey rushed over. "The boy needs sleep, everyone, out!"

You got up as the others walked out grudgingly. Harry grabbed your hand.

"Wait! Wait, Madam Pomfrey, please just let her stay." He said desperately.

Madam Pomfrey looked between the two of you. Her face turns to a smile.

"Ok, twenty minutes." She says, winking at you. She then turned to assist another student.

Harry looked at you smiling sadly.

"That's too bad about my broom." He frowned. You stroked his hand.

"It's terrible. I'm so sorry, Harry. I truly am." You said, watching him.

He just smiled at you and sat in silence for a little while. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was a nice silence. Nice until Madam Pomfrey walked in and told you your time was up.

***

Harry stayed in the hospital wing for a couple days. He missed his classes and meals. You visited him quite often.

Today was your first tutoring session since the whole Pansy incident. You bid goodbye to your friends at lunch and began making your way to the Slytherin common room.

You mumbled the password. The door swung open and you stepped into the common room.

You got a few nasty looks as you walked by. Clearly the Slytherin's were being sore winners.

Draco saw you and smiled shyly. You returned said smile and sat across from him.

"So.." You said.

"Where do you want to go today?" He asked you.

"Well, it only makes sense to go to an empty classroom. That is the only place we get work done." You answer. His face breaks out in a smile.

"Sure thing." He says, grabbing the cauldron that sat by his feet. You followed him out of the common room, ignoring the whispers that ensued.

Draco wandered down a random corridor, clearly stalling. "Long time no talk." He said.

"It's only been a week." You smiled. Draco chuckled at his feet.

"Yeah, I guess." He stopped in front of an empty classroom. "This one?" Draco asked.

"Sure." You say, walking in and finding a seat. Draco sets up the cauldron.

He begins to scroll through the pages of the book. Just as he had chosen one, your stomach rumbled.

"Hungry?" Draco asked, looking up.

"A little." You smiled.

"Come on." Draco said, walking.

"Where are we going?" You asked, following him from the classroom and down the hall.

"You'll see." He smiles, continuing on. Finally you reached-

"The kitchens." Draco said, opening the door.

"Oh, Draco- I would've survived until dinner-"

"Nonsense." He responded.

You smiled to yourself, flattered.

Draco walked over to the fridge and pulled it open, looking around.

You smiled and watched him, liking having someone there with you.

(also i'm thinking of doing 100 chapters per year. so when i reach chapter 100 third year will be over. i'll dedicate a few chapters to the summer than we'll start 4th year!)

(this may change btw)