Chapter 91

Draco sat down with you in the common room. He smiled at you.

"So, tutoring?" He asked. You nodded. "Lets go to the classroom, then."

"No.... I want to go to your room. It's more comfortable." You smiled.

Draco just smiled and led you to his room. He opened the door for you.

"Why thank you." You said. He nodded and you walked in and sat on his bed.

Draco got out a cauldron. "Ok, so today Snape requested that we go over The Draught of Living Death."

"Fun." You said, laying down in Draco's bed. It was surprisingly comfortable given how hard it had been the other night.

You pulled his blankets over you and sighed comfortably. Draco smiled at you.

"Tired?" He asked, sitting by you on the bed.

You smiled. "Yes." He smiled and put his hand on yours which had strewn from the blanket.

He rubbed the back of your hand, watching you flutter your eyes sleepily. You closed your eyes, expecting to open them within a couple seconds.

But you didn't. In fact, you slept throughout dinner and it was dark by the time your heavy eyelids opened.

Draco sat next to you on the bed, still rubbing the back of your hand and staring at the floor, zoned out. You rubbed your eyes and he started.

"Morning sleepy." He said, looking over at you.

"What time is it?"

"9:47." Draco said, glancing at the clock. Your eyes widened and you sat up.

"9:47! I missed dinner!" You exclaimed. Draco nodded.

"Yeah, so did I. I skipped it so I could stay here with you."

You smiled. "Aw. How sweet." Draco smiled. The both of you looked out the window in Draco's room. The stars shone brightly, and the moon shone the brightest.

"Come on." You said, smiling wide. You grabbed Draco's arm and hurried from his room, him tripping along behind you.

You dragged him from the Slytherin common room. He smiled, watching you rush down the hallways. The light from your wand angered many of the paintings.

"Turn that light out!" One said.

"I'm trying to sleep!" Another muttered.

You and Draco just chuckled ignoring their sounds of protest.

You rushed him from the castle. He smiled and you dragged him over the grounds to a random comfortable looking spot. You plopped down, him following your lead.

"What are we doing?" He asked.

"Watching the stars." You smiled and laid back, your head being cupped by the ground.

Draco followed suit and laid down as well, looking at the stars. You sighed, enjoying the warmth of his body next to yours compared to the chilly night air.

You sat there in silence for a little bit.

"It's hard, you know." Draco said.

"What?"

"Seeing you everyday. With Harry. I know this sounds stupid but-" Draco pauses. "I never hated him really. More like I was-" He pauses, longer, more awkward one this time. "Well, a different word I guess."

"Jealous?" You ask. An awkward and crisp silence resonated in the air between you.

"Yes, jealous." Draco mumbled.

"Why?"

Draco sighed, crossing his arms as he laid on the ground. His right leg was folded over his left. "He had everything he could want. Great friends. Everyone knew his name. Admirers, people who he could confide in..." Draco says.

"Draco...." You said quietly. "He grew up without parents. Or even real guardians. Yes, his life seems pretty great from your, and even my, standpoint. But his life isn't perfect." You paused. "And neither is yours."

Draco doesn't say anything. He waited for you to continue.

"I know how you grew up. I know that money can't make one happy no matter how much you try to convince yourself that it does. I know about the problems about home, and what you have to deal with, being who you are."

Draco sighed, staring up at the stars. You looked over at him and saw his bright blue eyes, glossy with tears, blinking furiously. Trying to hide the weakness that was spewing from his eyes.

You wiped his tears slowly, turning on your side to look at him.

He did the same, his cheeks tinting pink from the emotion he felt.

You sighed, gazing at the face of the boy. He looked back at you, a frown on his face, before he turned back towards the stars.

"You, now." He said, signaling that it is your turn to rant. You sighed and turned back to the stars as well.

"I- I'm just so sick of what's going on recently. The stress everyone's under. Finals, Sirius Black, it's just too much." You sighed. "I don't know what to do." You decided against telling him about how you recognized Sirius Black from somewhere. He would think you're weird.

Draco sighed as well. "I understand. I just wish life was easier right now." He said.

"I'm sorry about your family life, Drac." You said, calling him a nickname for the first time. His expression made no change but his eyes lit up.

"Oh, it's nothing-"

"No. No it's not nothing. No kid should go though that. Through being bossed around, and treated like that, and-"

"Enough." Draco said sharply. He sat up.

"I'm sorry." You whispered. You knew he would only open up so much. You had pushed to far.

Draco looked at you sadly. "I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." He got up and began to walk away. He paused and walked back to you, kneeling next to you. He pulled your face to his and kissed you softly. "Goodnight." He whispered as he walked away.

You sighed. The night air had grown colder since Draco's warm, loving presence had left. You shivered, suddenly feeling sad.

You stared up at the stars for a little while before a sound startled you. You sat up quickly, looking around. Paranoia and fear now ran through your blood.

You finally spotted the thing that made the noise. The large black dog sat, fourty feet behind you. You were happy to see him wagging his tail, loving to see a familiar face.