Chapter 90

The next morning Madam Pomfrey forced you to eat before finally, after you begged and begged, allowed you out of the hospital wing. You grinned widely and hugged her.

"Thank you, Madam, thank you!" You said before hurrying from the hospital wing, hoping to get some food for the dog.

You rushed into the Great Hall ignoring the weird looks you were receiving. Your friends were already sitting at the table but you didn't say anything and began stuffing your hands with food.

"Uh, y/n?" Ron said.

"Not now, Ronald." You said, filling your arms. You spun on your heel and hurried from the Great Hall, getting even weirder looks on the way out.

You burst through the castle doors and ran over the landscape, trying to remember exactly where you had seen the dog. You finally reached the now familiar spot and looked around, hoping to catch your eye on a rather large black dog. You saw nothing though, and sat down feeling rather defeated. I'll wait. You thought. I'll give him a couple minutes.

So there you sat, waiting for the beast to appear in front of you. You waited, taking in the sweet morning air. 5 minutes. 7 minutes. No sign of the dog. Finally, just as it had hit 10 minutes and you were giving up, a stick cracked along the line of the forest. Snapping your head up, you laid your eyes upon the familiar black dog that sat at the edge of the forest, watching you.

You grinned. "Hey pal. I brought you some breakfast." The dog walked over slowly before sitting about 10 feet away. You smiled and pushed the pile of food and goodies towards the dog. You backed away allowing him to become comfortable and walk over to the food. He smelled it for a minute, making sure it was safe to eat. He looked up and smiled again. Weird.

He then began to start eating. He gulped it down very fast, practically swallowing it rather than chewing.

You watched him contently, enjoying seeing him eat. Finally, after about five minutes of loud chewing noises, the dog finished. It smiled at you again, which kind of creeped you out, but you smiled back.

"Listen my friend, I've got to get back. Classes start soon. But I'll feed you tomorrow too, okay?" The dog laid down comfortably.

"We can make this a daily thing if you'd like." The dog winked at you- WINKED?- and you just smiled and hurried away, hearing the bell ring from inside the castle. Your first class was Potions.

Because you had skipped breakfast, you didn't get to walk with Ron to the Potions room.

So when you got there, almost everyone was already sitting. So sat next to Ron quietly.

"Wanna tell me what you've been doing during breakfast?" Ron asked you, looking at you.

"Not at all." You said quietly, smiling to yourself. Snape cleared his throat and started speaking.

"As you all know," He drawled, "Final exams are coming up very soon. So today will be more of a review day than anything else. Please open your books to page 231."

You all groaned and opened your books. Snape began to speak- or rather, drawl- for the entirety of class. You all hated review days. You did nothing but listen to Snape talk for an hour. Finally the bell rang and other classes began.

Your morning classes went slowly. Everyone was trying to prepare you for your exams.

Finally lunch arrived. You had never been so excited for lunch.

You walked into lunch chattering happily with Ginny about how tedious the work for History of Magic was. You sat with your friends while she walked farther down the table.

"Hey!" You said smiling at them.

They all grinned widely at you. You all began to eat, discussing the pros and cons and Divination. Hermione pitched in many cons.

Seamus rushed over to all of you. "Look! Sirius Black! He's been sighted!" All of you crowded around him as he laid the daily prophet down in front of all of you. He pointed to the article on the front.

SIRIUS BLACK SIGHTED IN HOGSMEADE!!!!
Today at exactly 9:08 in the morning Sirius Black, a deranged and dangerous fugitive, was spotted in Hogsmeade!
"He was right there in front of me!" Dedalus Diggle claims. "His hair was all matted, and his eyes! His eyes were those of a lunatic!"
Others claimed that they, too, had spotted the man walking around Hogsmeade. He left quickly, sources say, once he realized he had been made.

You looked down in shock at the article along with the rest of the Gryffindor table and a few students of other houses.

"Hogsmeade!" Hermione said in shock. "That's so close!"

You looked down at the article. You watched the picture of Sirius Black, his face contorting with his screams. His eyes looked so dead and angry and yet, you recognized them...

"Seamus, can I keep this?" You asked. Seamus nodded. You thanked him and continued to look the image, confused and scared.

The bell for the end of lunch rang. You pocketed the newspaper and began your descent to the Slytherin common room. You had tutoring.

You mumbled the password.

"Wrong password." The painting said boredly.

"What?"

"They were changed after Sirius Black was sighted."

"But that was not but an hour ago!"

The painting shrugged and began looking at its nails waiting for a password.

You huffed frustratedly. "Well then I don't know the password."

The painting snorted and looked at you sarcastically. "Ok, then leave."

You rolled your eyes. "You're the worst painting in this castle." You said.

The painting smiled. "Darling, I could care less."

You huffed and spun around, about to leave. The painting suddenly swung open (to both you and the paintings surprise) and a familiar face appeared.

Draco was looking at you weirdly. "Were you.... arguing with the painting?" You blushed.

"Uh... no?" You replied.

Draco just smirked and held the door open for you to enter. As you walked in you heard the painting mumble, "Stupid girl."

Draco led you into the common room. "The new password is 'Pureblood' by the way."