Chapter 96

"Yer all gotta go, now!" Hagrid said, becoming visibly panicked. "Out the back door, there yer go." The three of us began to sneak out the back door and through the path.

"Here, behind these pumpkins!" Hermione whispered, walking around a group of oddly large pumpkins. The three of us kneeled down behind them and watched as the three men reached Hagrid's door. A stick cracked behind us and the three of us whipped around.

Hermione looked compelled to say something.

"What's up?" I whispered, watching her.

"Nevermind..." Hermione said slowly. "Let's get going." So the three of us crouched down and hurried out from behind the pumpkins and onto the trail leading back to the castle. We ran, hoping that no one would see us out.

When we finally reached the top of the trail we looked back down at Hagrid's hut. The four men walked outside and began to speak. Then, the executioner walked over, his axe hidden by a pumpkin. He raised the weapon, and swung the blade down forcefully.

Hermione began to cry, putting her head on Ron's shoulder. Me and Ron looked at each other, upset. Both of us trying to hold tears back.

Suddenly, Ron make a startled sound and Hermione let go of him.

"Scabbers bit me! He just bit me!" Ron said, holding up his bleeding hand.

Scabbers writhed out of his hand and hit the ground running. "Scabbers come back!" Ron said, taking off running.

"Ron come back!" Hermione said. We hurried after Ron until we watched Ron jump over Scabbers and grab him. "Gotcha!"

Me and Hermione looked around until both of us froze.

"Harry.... do you know what tree this is?"

"Ron, run!" I shouted. Ron looked over at us and his smile changed into a face of fear.

"Harry, Hermione, run!" Me and Hermione looked back to see a giant black dog growling. The dog launched up over us towards Ron.

Hermione gasped as the dog advanced on Ron. Ron scooted back fearfully but there was no way he could get away from the dog.

The dog latched it's sharp teeth onto Ron's leg and began dragging the ginger boy towards the tree. Ron screamed as the dog brought him behind the tree and his screams grew quieter. We ran towards Ron but suddenly Hermione was whipped into the air by a branch.

"Harry!!" Hermione screamed. She held tightly onto the branch as it whipped her around and around.

I watched her, my mind completely blank. I had no idea what to do, and even less so when Hermione whipped around and grabbed my shirt, bringing me along for the ride.

The air hit my face crisply and we both struggled. We needed to get to Ron....

Your POV
You sat boredly in the Shrieking Shack, watching dust fall from the ceiling. You were bored, yes, but you were too excited to see if Sirius found Peter. So when a loud bang came from downstairs you started and stood up.

"Sirius?" You called down the stairs. A low growl came from below. He must be in dog form.

A whimpering sound came after the growl. Maybe he was injured? You panicked. You rushed down the stairs.

"Sirius! Sirius are you oka-"

You were met with a sight you had never thought you'd see. A big black dog holding Ron's leg in his mouth. Ron looked up at you, a terrified expression on his face.

"Y-Y/n?! What's happening?!"

"Sirius! Put him down!" You said, rushing to Ron's side. Ron looked at you, very confused, as you took Sirius's teeth out of Ron's leg.

"Sirius, why did you do that?! I thought you said you'd go for that rat." Sirius, still in dog form, just glared at you.

"Come on Ron, let's get you upstairs." You said gently, helping the weak pale boy stand. Ron gazed around the room, clearly still terrified. His eyesight went from the roach infested couch to the huge scratches on the wall to a dried blood stain you hadn't noticed upon your arrival. His blue eyes lingered on the large menacing dog who stood in the corner.

The dog glared back before slowly making his way up the stairs.

"Let's go, Ron." You said, helping the limping boy after the dog. He avoided the rotted away holes more or less and finally got to the floor upstairs.

Ron gasped and tripped, hitting his nose on the corner of the bed. His nose started to bleed but he moved as quickly as he could away from the dog.

Except Sirius was no longer a dog. He was a man.

"Y/n! You're working with him! T-to kill Harry!"

"No! No, Ron, you've got it all wrong! Let me help you, sit, please-"

"Get away from me!" Ron shouted, shying away from you. He fell onto the bed and groaned because of the pain in his leg.

"Ron, please-"

A creak from downstairs silenced the three of you. You looked at Sirius, who motioned you to hide. He got behind the door as you kneeled beside an old dresser.

"Harry?!" Ron yelled.

"Ron?" Harry's voice echoed. You could see Harry's raven black hair appear at the top of the stairs, followed by Hermione's bushy brown hair.

"Ron! What happened?!"

"It's him, Harry!" Ron yelled. "He's an animagus! It's a trap!!" Sirius slowly closed the door, appearing before the four of you.