Chapter 12

You and Hermione reach Harry and Ron. Ron's face is a bright red as he looks at Hermione.

"Uh- uh.. uh- you look- um... nice!" He says to Hermione, stuttering. Hermione looks down, blushing.

You realize the two of them are flirting. "Hey, Harry, lets go get drinks." You wink at Harry, and he catches on.

"Ohhh, yeah! Let's go." He says. The two of you walk off, leaving Hermione and Ron to flirt with each other.

Harry grabs you both a drink, and hands it to you. You thank him. "Care to sit down?" He asks, and you nod. The two of you find an empty table and sit, sipping your drinks.

Harry looks at you. "You look... really nice." He says. You smile.

"Thank you, Harry. You do too." Harry thanks you. A high energy song comes on and everyone gets up to dance.

"Care to dance?" You ask. Harry smiles and stands, taking your hand. You both made your way to the middle of the dance floor, and begin dancing. Harry spins you around, making you laugh. You look over to see Ron and Hermione dancing together- rather awkwardly but still together.

The dance ends, and another comes on. It's slower. Harry puts his hand on your hip and one on your shoulder. You blush, looking away. He chuckles at your red cheeks.

The two of you dance together, occasionally making eye contact. You felt butterflies in your stomach by the time the dance ended. You curse yourself mentally. You shouldn't even like Harry.

The two of you danced together for a couple more songs before you got hungry. You asked to go get food and sit for a bit.

"Yeah, sure." He says. The two of you walk over to get food. "Why don't you go sit? I'll get us some food."

You smile. "Such a gentleman." You say as you walk away. You felt his eyes on you for a couple seconds before he turns to get food.

Hermione comes to talk to you for a second. "Ronald is dancing with me. I don't know how to feel."

"It's good, Hermione." You say. She smiles, and Ron comes over. The two of them sit with you.

"Where's Harry?" Ron asks.

"Getting us food." You say. Ron nods, and Harry returns.

"How was your dancing?" Harry asks Ron and Hermione.

"Good." Hermione says. Ron nods. Harry hands you a plate of food, and you thank him. Ron takes a piece of chicken from your plate.

"Real polite, Ron." You joke. Ron's mouth was already full of chicken.

The four of you chat lightly as you eat. "I think I'm gonna go dance some more." Hermione says.

"Gimme a minute." Ron said, his mouth full of food. "I'm eating."

Hermione rolls her eyes, trying to hide her smile. "Harry?" Hermione asks. Harry stands, and agrees. The two of them go off to dance. You and Ron sat together while another song played.

"Ron, you are so dumb." You say. Ron looks up, confused.

"What! I didn't do anything!" He says.

"That's the problem! You should've asked Hermione to be your date to the dance!"

Ron looks confused. "Really? I thought she wanted to go with someone else."

You roll your eyes. 2 more songs play as you sit boredly. Ron goes to dance with Hermione again, leaving Harry alone.

You look around. Neville is dancing with Luna. Ginny is dancing with Dean. You look over and see Draco with Pansy. Pansy was dancing with him, and practically on top of him. He looked like he was liking it, too.

You knew you shouldn't have gotten angry, but you did. And what you did next, no one saw coming.

You stood up, walked to the middle of the dance floor, where Harry was dancing alone, and pulled him to you. Then, you pulled his lips against yours, kissing him. He looks shocked at first, but slowly relaxed into it. By now, all the students in the Great Hall were looking at you, and a circle had formed around the two of you. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Draco.

His face emits shock

His face emits shock. He pulls away from Pansy, turns, and walks briskly out of the Great Hall.

You pull away from Harry and regret floods you. You shouldn't have done that. You used Harry. You cursed yourself mentally (again). WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? You screamed at yourself. You don't deserve Harry. You f**king suck. He's too innocent, too sweet, he deserves someone good. Someone who won't kiss him to make someone else jealous.

You don't know why you did it. You didn't even have a crush on Draco... at least, you didn't think you did.