Chapter 4

Hermione grabs your hand and leads you up to your room. You, her, and Ginny all shared a big room. Hermione brought you to her closet.

"It's so beautiful." She says, rummaging around in her closet. Once she finally found it, she holds it up to show you.

"Oh Hermione!" You say in awe. "It's beautiful!!" The dress had a beautiful mix of colors and a nice texture. You felt the dress as Hermione spoke, beaming.

"Mother sent me it last month. I can't wait! I love it!"

"I'm sure Ron will too." You smirked.

"He pays me no mind." She said stubbornly.

You chuckle. "Mhm, sure. Now, model the dress for me!" You say, because clearly she wanted to.

"Ok, ok, if you insist." Hermione undresses, holding the dress carefully. Once she slipped it on, with some help from you, she stands back. She looks drop dead gorgeous.

"Oh my, Hermione! This dress fits you so well." You smile. Hermione smiles wide.

"Show me yours now!" Hermione begs. You laugh, and lead her to your closet. After searching for a minute or two, you pull out your dress.

Hermione's jaw drops. "So you're telling me that I'm going to get all the guys, when your dress looks like that! You'll be lucky if they aren't drooling."

You smile. "I hope it's not too much. I've just had this for so long but it hasn't fit until this year."

Hermione nods. "You'll look stunning. I cannot wait. Please try it on!!"

You giggle and Hermione helps you fit yourself into the dress.

"Oh my goodness, Y/n, you look gorgeous!! Take a look!" Hermione pushes you in front of the mirror. You take a look at yourself.

Your (y/h/c) hair sits softly and loosely. Your smile radiates the room, and your body looks absolutely stunning in the dress. You smile into the mirror. You really did look good.

Christmas music plays from downstairs.

"Care for a dance?" Hermione laughs. You nod and the two of you start waltzing around your room together, giggling. Ginny walks in while you dance.

"What have I walked in on?" Ginny laughs.

"Ginny! Show us your dress for the ball, we're dying to see it." You say. Ginny smiles.

"First off, you two look stunning! Also, your dancing skills aren't too bad either."

The three of you laugh, and Ginny walks to her closet.

"My dress isn't much, but it fits the mood." Ginny says, pulling out her dress.

"Ginny it's perfect. It'll make your ginger hair really stand out." Hermione compliments, and you agree.

"Put it on!" You encourage, and soon, the three of you are dancing around your rooms, laughing until tears start coming from you eyes.

"That was so fun." Hermione laughs. You nod.

Ginny starts to take off her dress, and the two of you follow. You don't want them to get crumpled before the dance.

Finally, after about an hour of being upstairs, you walk down. Ron and Harry stood by the fireplace, the Weasley twins were selling some candy, and the common room had a lot of people doing their thing. Some were working, some were talking, and some were playing games.

You, Ginny, and Hermione all walked in, laughing hysterically and making jokes. It caught Harry and Ron's eye.

"What are you three so happy about?" Ron asked, confused.

"Oh.. nothing! Just trying on our Christmas ball dresses." Hermione giggles. Ron's face turns a light red.

"Oh- uh- well...erm.." Ron stutters. The three of you laugh at his clear flustered-ness. Harry was looking at you. You smile lightly at him and turn back to your friends. "Come here! I want to show you guys what Parvati added to the tree!"

You begin walking over, but didn't notice one of Fred's boxes of candy was in front of you. You stumbled, tripped, and probably would've snapped your neck if Harry didn't react as quickly as he did. Harry moved forward and caught you before you could smash your face on the fireplace. You gasped, realizing that you almost just died. Harry chuckled at you and looked down at you. You looked up at him, slightly red, and muttered, "thanks.." he smiled at you and helped you stand.

Hermione and Ginny were whispering, looking at you two. No doubt saying that you two would be cute together.

Trying to change the subject, you said, "Dinner is soon. I'm going on a walk, I'll see you all there, ok?" They all nod, and you walk out of the common room.

You didn't know where to go. You just didn't want the awkward tension to last any longer. You walked contently, replaying what just happened in your head.

You were interrupted by McGonagall.

"Y/n, have you seen Draco Malfoy? I've been looking for him all over."

"I haven't seen him, but I can help you look. I've got nothing to do anyways."

"Thank you, I've got to start grading your classes' quizzes. Bring him to my room if you find him, please." You waved her goodbye and set off. After walking down a couple stair cases, you came to the library. It was very quiet in there, unlike the setting in the common room. You liked it more when it was loud; the library gave you the creeps. You walked up to the librarian.

"Hello ma'am. Have you seen Draco Malfoy?"You asked politely. The librarian looked up from her book.

"He just left." She said. "With that Parkinson girl. The girl said something about the ball.

You thanked her and laughed to yourself. Draco had to go with Pansy to the ball. That would be atrocious. Everyone knew Pansy was totally obsessed with him.

You left the library in search of Draco. You only made it a few feet when you heard Pansy's, loud, obnoxious voice fill the corridor.

"How was I supposed to know I forgot my pencil case? I'm not Dumbledore." She said shrilly.

The duo rounded the corner. Draco rolled his eyes in annoyance as they walked back to the library. The two of you made eye contact. Pansy looked at you in disgust.

"What're you doing here, L/N?" She asked rudely.

You laughed coldly. "Well, Pansy, as you may have forgotten, the library is a public area." You sneered. Draco gave a small chuckle. Pansy looked up at him angrily.

"Whatever, loser. Me and Draco here just need to grab my pencil case." As Pansy said that, she grabbed Draco's arm. Draco looked away uncomfortably.

You smiled to yourself. "Go on with it then, Pansy. I want to talk to Draco." You said. You didn't really need to talk to him, you just loved to get on her nerves.

She sneered. "As if he'd want to talk to you." She looked at him for support. He looked at her then looked back at you.

"Actually, Pansy, you go ahead. I'll catch up."