Chapter 71

Your first class of the day was Potions. You and Ron left Harry and Hermione to walk there.

He looked at you as you walked. He was becoming the person you told everything to, as ironic as that was.

"Ya know," Ron says. "Harry's been really worried about you over the last couple days. Wouldn't shut up about you. It was a bit annoying."

You chuckle, walking in. Draco sees you and smiles.

"Hey, Ron? D'you mind if I go talk to Draco for a little bit?" You ask. Ron just shrugs, sitting down.

You walk back to where Draco was sitting. "Hey." You said, smiling at him.

He looked at you. "Hey, y/n. Glad to see you're out of the hospital wing."

You smile at him. "I'm glad too. How've you been?" You ask.

He shrugs. "Pansy's been annoying recently. All she ever talks about is how much she hates Gryffindors and me. Not that I don't hate Gryffindors, because I do, I just know when to stop."

You chuckle. "She really does hate me. She's mad I get you and not her." Draco brushes his hand against your leg as he goes to put it onto the desk.

"She'll be jealous, all right." He said smirking.

"Class. Today we will making a potion called Veritaserum."

The class begins to whisper as Snape cleared his throat.

"No unnecessary distractions, please. You will be working with your desk mate."

You and Draco looked at each other. You looked up to apologize to Ron but he had already partnered up with someone else

You chuckled to yourself.

Snape read the list of ingredients as he put them on your desks.

"Begin." He said, walking to the front of the room. Draco put a cauldron on your desk.

"This is almost like tutoring." He said smiling before moving closer to you. "Except we haven't made out."

You smirk. "Yet."

Draco chuckles and adds some boiling water to the pot.

"You know the drill." He said, stepping back.

"Hey! This is a two person thing." You smiled.

"So is sex. We all know who'd be doing all the work in that, though."

You blush, unable to suppress a laugh.

Draco begins to help you with the potion, making small remarks every couple seconds like, "this beetle looks like a butt" and "i'm hungry" to which you responded, "we just had lunch!"

Draco laughed at you, adding the last ingredient to the potion.

"Professor Snape, we're done!" You said. Snape walks over slowly, looking in your potion.

"Hmm... well done. Seeing as Draco's tutoring has made your grade improve greatly, I see no reason as for the two of you to continue with it."

"What?!" You said.

"Wait! Professor, may we have a word?" Draco asked hurriedly. Snape looked at Draco scrutinizingly before nodding and stepping out of the classroom with Draco.

You fiddled, wishing they would talk faster. Finally the two returned, and Snape's expression has changed.

"I have changed my mind. You two will continue with tutoring until further notice." Snape and Draco made eye contact before Snape walked away. 

"Thank goodness." You said.

Class ended five minutes later. As you walked back to Ron, you thought you saw one of Pansy's minions slip a vile of Veritaserum into her pocket.

I'm probably just imagining things. You told yourself. Ron greeted you when you reached him.

"Hello." He said. 

"Hey Ron. Let's go. I don't want to miss Divination."