Chapter 78

Harry's POV
"Let the game begin!" Lee Jordan shouted from his booth. I always thought McGonagall was crazy for letting him be the announcer. Lee always managed to make the games way more fun. He was so completely biased towards Gryffindor it was laughable. Also, he always made fun of the other teams, like-

"And there Marcus Flint goes, wafting his stupidity and awful smell throughout the air!" Lee said.

"MR. JORDAN!" McGonagall's voice echoed from the back of the booth into the microphone. The crowd burst out laughing.

Lee snickered. "Sorry, Professor! Anyways, back to the game."

I chuckled from my broom, floating in the air. I gazed around, staying high above the ground. I didn't see a sign of the snitch, but I did see Y/n. She was watching the game excitedly from her seat. I heard the Slytherin section cheer and Lee grudgingly announced, "10 points to Slytherin."

Y/n clapped, grinning over at- I followed her eyes... Malfoy.

Malfoy winked at her before flying off, looking around for the snitch.

Right. The snitch. I reminded myself, distracting myself from Y/n.

I looked around for about 10 minutes, seeing no sign of the snitch. Until Gryffindor scored another goal and a flutter of gold was flying down towards the ground.

I angled my broom downwards and rushed towards the snitch. Draco caught on and did the same, hurrying to catch up to me. The crowd gasped as me and Draco flew neck and neck, both reaching for the snitch.

"Go Harry!" Y/n yelled. Distracted, I almost fell off my broom before stopping in mid air to steady myself. Draco kept flying towards the snitch.

"Yes, Draco! Go!" Y/n shouted. Draco then stumbled through the air and also stopped short. The snitch flew off and disappeared in plain sight.

Me and Draco both glared at each other. This game wasn't just about winning. It was about Y/n.

Draco's POV
"Let the game begin!" That idiot Lee Jordan said. His voice got on my nerves.

I flew up above the game, becoming comfortable on my broom.

"And there Marcus Flint goes, wafting his stupidity and awful smell throughout the air!" Lee laughed at his own joke. I rolled my eyes. As weird as Marcus was, I think I hated Lee more.

I sat above the game for about a minute, becoming bored. One of my teammates scored a goal and I smirked, flying down among my celebrating teammates. I looked up and saw Y/n clapping, a wide smile dancing on her face. I winked at her and the game continued.

The snitch made no appearance. I avoided a few bludgers, congratulated one or two of my teammates, made fun of one of the Gryffindor players, and did a couple spins on my broom by the time the game got interesting. I watched Potter soar down through the air and followed his lead. Following his line of sight, I saw the snitch. I accelerated on my broom and hurried to become equal with Potter. We bumped into each other a few times before I heard Y/n's voice.

"Go, Harry!" She screamed. Harry stumbled and stopped, clearly surprised by her voice. I almost stopped but kept going, determined to impress her.

"Yes, Draco! Go!" Y/n said again. This time, I stumbled. I stopped and the snitch disappeared.

I looked up and Y/n looked between me and Harry apologetically. I turned to Harry and we glared at each other, hatred poisoning both of our faces.

Your POV
The game started. You looked between Harry and Draco, thinking. Do I vote for Harry? Or maybe Draco? No, I'll vote for both. How do I even do that? You shrugged, giving up.

You listened to Lee's commentary, chuckling.

Ron laughed loudly, wiping the tears from his eyes. "YES LEE!" He shouted. Lee looked over and grinned at him before turning back to the game.

Slytherin scored a goal. You clapped loudly, grinning at Draco. He winked at you, and your cheeks turned a light pink.

The game continued, with Hermione make occasional comments like "That looked dangerous!" "Did he just fall off his broom?" and, "Quidditch is too complicated."

You were watching Harry, smiling. He was sitting calmly on his broom, watching the game from above. His eyes widened and he shot into a dive. The crowd gasped, watching him. Draco looked over and caught on, speeding off in the same direction. You watched the two, too excited to keep your mouth shut.

"Go, Harry!" I screamed. Harry stumbled and stopped. Crap! Did I do that? You wondered, turning your attention to Draco.

"Yes, Draco! Go!" You tried again, hoping to encourage him to grab the snitch. Draco, too, stumbled and stopped short.

You looked between the two, mentally cursing yourself.

Draco and Harry glared at each other, the hatred becoming very clear.

You looked at Hermione. She frowned at you.

"How are you supposed to vote for two people on two different teams?" She asked.

You shrugged. Who knows?