Chapter 24

You and Harry walk together to the Great Hall in an awkward silence. He was acting very weird. Ron stood when he saw you two.

"Have you packed?" He asked, watching the two of you sit down. You sat with Hermione (as per usual) and Harry sat with Ron.

"Yeah." You both say at the same time. You look at each other and smile.

Hermione pokes you and points. You look up to see her pointing at Malfoy.

He waves you over, trying to get you to go over to him.

"I'll be right back." You mutter. You stand, and make your way slowly over to Draco. He's sitting with Crabbe and Goyle. Pansy's eyes shot daggers at you as you walked over.

"What do you want?" You ask. He scoffs.

"Wanted to say goodbye." He says.

You look at him weirdly. "Oh, um.." You try to communicate with your eyes. With your friends here? You glance at Crabbe and Goyle.

"Go take a walk you two." Draco says. The two stand up and fill their arms with food before walking off. You scoff, laughing at their stupidity.

"Sit, please." He says. You sit across from him, eyeing him carefully.

"Why did you want to say goodbye?" You asked him curiously.

"Well, I just figured that I'm leaving for the holidays and you're not-"

"Actually," You smile. "I am leaving."

"What? You are?"

"Yeah. I'm going to the Weasley's." His features contorted in disgust.

"The Weasley's? Are you joking?" He says in shock and disgust.

"Nope. And I'm quite excited, mind you." You said. Draco scoffs and looks away.

"Y'know, you don't have to hate on my friends all the time." You say.

"Whatever. I should be going now. Have a good one, y/l/n." He says. He stands, shoots you a goodbye look and walks off.

You sit there, mouth wide open. Did he just blow you off? You stood angrily and walked back to Hermione, feeling all three of your friends' eyes on you.

You huff as you sit down. "He is so thick!" You say angrily.

"What happened?" Hermione asked.

"He wanted to say goodbye, because he assumed I'd be staying. I told him I was going to the Weasley's, and he completely blew me off!"

"All he cares about is blood status and money. It's disgusting." Hermione said, rolling her eyes.

You poked at your breakfast, annoyed.

"Eat." Hermione advised. "The train back is quite boring, and the lady with the candy isn't there."

You ate your food, listening to Ron complaining about the pancakes. Harry was looking at you weirdly.

"What's up, Harry?" You ask.

"Oh. I was just wondering why you even talk to Draco. I mean, he's not nice to you. Or anyone."

You and Hermione look at each other, smiling. Remembering the night before in the kitchen.

"He has a soft spot for me." You say.