Chapter 54

You sat down across from Harry awkwardly. Ron smiled at you. "Hey, y/n." He said.

"Hey Ron." You replied with a smile. He watched you contently, as if waiting to see you eat. It made you happy.

So you did. You began eating, and a look of relief washed over all three of your friends faces.

You ate for a little while until you heard Pansy's extremely loud babbling behind you.

"Oh my gosh, Draco! You are so funny!" She laughed loudly. You turned and saw Draco giving her a fake, uncomfortable smile before turning back to Crabbe and Goyle and rolling his eyes.

You attempted to tune her out, but she just got louder and louder. You heard her make fun of three students, complain about two tests, and make the worse joke you've ever heard ("That girls make up makes her look like a clown- oh my gosh! I have a joke! A clown held the door for me yesterday, it was such a nice jester!") To which Draco audibly gagged.

You chuckled, until you heard him call your name.

"Y/n!" He said. You turned around, and looked at Draco.

"Come here." He said. He begged with his eyes. You chuckled and stood, walking over.

"What's a big boy like you needing my saving?" You smirked.

Draco smiled and rolled his eyes. "Excited for tutoring tonight?" He asked. You shrugged.

"Eh, I've never really been fond of potions." You said nonchalantly. Pansy looked at you with deep hatred and jealousy.

You almost laughed out loud. The bell rung, and as Draco was walking by, he said, "Thanks" quickly.

Your first class was Care of Magical creatures. You were actually quite excited. So you, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville trudged down the hill down to Hagrid's hut where a group of students were congregating.

You reached the group. "Hello, class." Hagrid said gruffly.

"Today- we, er, we're gonna be learnin' about Centaurs-"

The word centaurs triggered a memory in your mind. You and Harry were sitting together in the common room. You had just been told that you looked like a centaur, and Harry, he was comforting yo-

Hagrid's voice cut into your thoughts. "Ok, so let's- er, go into the forest, then." You and the rest of the students followed the huge man into the forest. Neville was trembling.

Hagrid let the group throughout the forest until you got to a large clearing.

"So today, we are-" Hagrid begins talking, but is cut off by a large centaur galloping through the clearing.

"Why, hello there, Blint!" Hagrid said in a friendly voice.

"Hello, Hagrid." The centaur said as he came to a stop. He glanced over at you all.

"These are the students?" He asked calmly. Hagrid nods. The centaur looks at you all judgingly. "Bit young, don't ya think?" The centaur asks. Hagrid just continues speaking.

"So, today we're learning 'bout centaurs. This here is Blint. He's quite friendly. He's gonna give yer all a speech about his herd, and then we'll play a game."

Blint smiles down at you all. "Hagrid asked me to come meet you all today, as you were doing a section on centaurs."

Blint spoke really, really slowly. Class was halfway done by the time he stopped his speech.

Hagrid rubbed his eyes. "Er- thank you, Blint. So what we're gonna do, is- er-" Hagrid looks around, trying to remember what the class activity was. "Oh yeh! So, as a bonding activity- Flitwick told me you guys would like that- I thought we could play a game. We're gonna play Charades!"