Chapter 67

"Get in groups of three!" Professor Sprout says.

Hermione looks back at you and Ron and smiles. You both smile at her.

"Follow me, class. We will be going down to the edge of the Forbidden Forest- not inside!- and look for some of these rare flowers. They are blue, medium sized with black and pink stripes, and make loud squeaking noises."

Professor Sprout led you all out of the greenhouse and down the hill to the edge of the Forbidden Forest. "Spread out, I want you each to have at least four flowers!"

You, Ron, and Hermione ventured off in the opposite direction. Within minutes, the three of you were alone. All the other students had dispersed.

"There's one!" Ron pointed. A medium sized blue flower with black and pink stripes squeaked and squirmed quietly on the edge of the forest.

"How do we... catch it?" You asked.

"In my book it says we have to make clicking sounds, so it stops squirming, and then grab it by the roots and pull it from the ground."

"Ron, you should go try it!" You laughed. Ron looked at you, eyes wide.

"I don't want to touch that thing!" Ron said disgustedly.

"Oh my goodness, I'll do it!" Hermione says exasperatedly. She walks over to it and starts making clicking sounds with her mouth.

The flower slowly stops squirming and squeaking. Hermione quickly and smoothly grabs it by its roots and rips it from the ground.

"Woooow." You and Ron said. Hermione laughed and put the flower in the bag given to you by Professor Sprout.

The three of you continued looking until Hermione heard squeaking coming from the Forbidden Forest. Ron looked over.

"Look!" Ron said. He pointed to a flower about 70 yards into the Forbidden Forest. A medium blue flower with black and pink stripes.

It squeaked and squirmed and Ron started walking towards it.

"Ron!" Hermione said, grabbing his shoulder. "We cannot go in the Forbidden Forest, we'll get in trouble!"

Ron shrugged. "I'll be fine." He said, walking forward. He only got about 5 feet when he tripped and face planted.

You burst out laughing, tears forming in your eyes from amusement. Hermione gasped and ran to help Ron up.

You were doubled over, laughing harder than you ever had.

Hermione helped Ron up, who's face was bright red.

"Uh- yeah m-maybe I shouldn't be the one to get it."

You stood, wiping your eyes. "I'll get it." You said, making your way into the forest.

You were about 10 yards from the flower when you heard a stick crack. You whipped your head around, now paranoid. You didn't see anything and continued towards the flower.

The flower squirmed, squeaking loudly.

You heard leaves crunch and another stick snap.

You turned around, looking for Hermione and Ron. You spotted them, watching you from far away.

Finally you reached the flower. Click, click, click. Your mouth clicks quietly and the flower calms.

Trying to do what Hermione did, you grabbed the flower by the roots. It began squeaking and squirming.

You clicked again and it calmed down. You tried again and succeeded, getting the flower out of the ground.

You out it in the bag and begin walking back. 10 yards from the spot the flower was in you heard heavy breathing. You looked around.

20 yards from where the flower had been a stick breaks. Much closer this time.

30 feet and you hear a low growl. You spin around, and come face to face with the most terrifying sight you'd ever seen.

A big, brown hairy face was right in front of yours. It had really, really sharp teeth, a spindly body, long arms and legs, and ears.

A werewolf.