Chapter 37

Herbology was boring and slow. Ron walked you up to the castle, bidding you goodbye.

You waved him off, not excited for Charms. Pansy was in that class.

You walked in, bored out of your mind and looking for a distraction. The teacher hadn't arrived yet.

"Oh! Look who it is." Pansy snarls, looking at you.

"You see me almost every day you baboon." You roll your eyes.

"Oh! Yes, but I'm guessing so does Draco. And Harry."

"What are you on about?" You ask.

"I can totally see it. You're so obsessed with both of them. Honestly, how can you live with yourself after breaking both their hearts over, and over, and over again?" She chuckles. The class makes a small sound of shock.

"Shut up." You say angrily.

"Aggressive, are we? It's not my fault you can't control yourself around Draco or Harry."

"Don't make me do something I'll regret." You say. You look over and see Harry walk in, watching the two of you.

Pansy sees him. "Regret? But don't you regret leading on two boys at once?"

"Pansy, I'm warning you."

"Perhaps I should warn Draco and Harry that your just messing with their feelings."

You lift your wand, unable to control the urge to attack her. You shout a curse and it hits her square in the middle of the chest. She flies backwards, her face reddening from embarrassment.

She stands, and shoots a curse back at you. You block it, and shoot one back, which she also blocks. The two of you begin to have an all out duel in the middle of the Charms classroom. Thank goodness Flitwick was always late.

Pansy shot a curse at you and you flew backwards, but not before hitting her first. She fell to the ground, gasping for air. You had no idea what you'd done, but you stormed out of the classroom feeling Harry's eyes follow you. You ignore it and storm down a multitude of different hallways, with no clue where you were going. Finally, you found yourself at the stairs of the astronomy tower. You climb up, and push the door open, feeling overwhelmed.

You storm over to the railing and lean against it, looking down over the edge of the tower.

The rush made you feel alive. The wind could actually reach your face. You breathed in, enjoying the winter air. It distracted you from Pansy.

You hear the astronomy door open behind you and spin around, seeing a tall figure slip through. "Who's there?" You ask, panicked.

"Y/n? Oh. It's me, Cedric." You relax your shoulders, turning back to the edge of the astronomy tower.

"What are you doing up here?" He asks, leaning against the railing, looking at you.

"Pansy was being a dumb bitch." You complain. "Making fun of me. For stuff... I don't want to talk about." Cedric looks at you.

"She's really annoying. She's also obsessed with Draco. Cho tells me all about it."

You nod, looking at him.

"Do you want to tell me about what's wrong?" He asks you.

You walk over to the wall and sink down, sad. "I like two different people, Ced. One boy I like is Harry Potter. He's so sweet to me and absolutely adorable. We've kissed a couple times. Then, there's Draco Malfoy. He's mean, but he has a soft spot for me. And he makes me happy. I don't know what to do."

Cedric slides down and puts his arm around you in a friendly way. "I'm sure everyone has told you this, but spend time with both of them. Separately. You have to go through thick and thin with someone to know whether they're right for you. Me and Cho have been talking for a long time, and we just recently got together."

You nod. The two of you sit in silence for about half an hour before Cedric glances at the clock. Lunch would be soon.

"I should really get going." Cedric said. "Good luck."

"Thanks, Ced." You say. "I'll see you around."

And with that, you walked out of the astronomy tower.