Chapter 40

You watched him fly back to the group, his raven black hair becoming messy in the wind. He looked so masculine sitting on his broom. It was a stupid thought, but he did.

"He's definitely into you." Ron said. You chuckled.

"Totally." Hermione said.

You blushed, looking at your feet. Boy, would you have a lot to write about tonight in your diary.

Practice went on for another hour. You were bored out of your mind, and still had half an hour to go.

Hermione was still reading her book. Even Ron looked bored.

"Ron, d'you wanna go on a walk? I'm kinda bored."

"Yes, anything for a distraction." Ron said, standing and following you. Hermione waved you both goodbye, going back to her book. You and Ron descended the stairs, walking across the pitch.

Harry looked down at the two of you, watching you go.

"Harry!" You hear a voice scream. You look up, and watch as Harry, who had been distracted, was hit directly in the back of the head, thrown from his broom and falling through the air.

"Harry!" You and three others scream. Hermione stands, waves her wand, and Harry stops falling inches from the ground.

You run over to him. He's unconscious. "Ron, get over here! Help me lift him. We have to bring him to the hospital wing." You say. Ron hurried over and lifts his legs, and you get his head.

He looked so peaceful, asleep like that.

You and Ron carried Harry up to the castle, followed by Hermione, Fred, George, Oliver, and the rest of the Gryffindor team.

"Madam Pomfrey!" You said.

"Hello, dear- Oh! Oh my goodness, what happened?" She asked as you and Ron laid Harry onto the bed.

"Hit in the back of the head with a Bludger." George said.

"I just barely missed it with my bat." Fred huffed.

Madam Pomfrey examined Harry as you watched nervously.

"He has a really, really bad concussion..." She said. "I'd like him to stay here for the next couple days."

You sat, down next to Harry's bed, stroking his hand absentmindedly. If you and Ron hadn't been bored of his practice, he would never have been distracted. Never would've been unconscious on Madam Pomfrey's table.

You were making a big deal of it, you knew. He was just unconscious. Not dead. And he would wake up soon. But you still felt awful and hoped he wouldn't remember you and Ron leaving when he awoke.

You turn and see Pansy asleep. Her face still has two big bruises and her arm was badly burned. You turned away, suddenly feeling bad. You looked back at Harry, feeling responsible.

Ron sat next to you, looking worried. "It's not your fault..." He said lightly.

"Yes it is." You mutter. You knew you were being dramatic, but you couldn't help feeling responsible.

Ron shakes his head. People slowly start to leave the hospital wing, promising to visit Harry later. Finally it was just you, Ron, and Hermione.

You all looked at Harry's unconscious form. He looked so peaceful and calm despite the fact that he just got hit in the head by a Bludger. You sat there for about half an hour before Hermione touched your shoulder. "We should get to bed. You have tutoring tomorrow."

You nod, standing, and let go of Harry's hand. "I'll visit tomorrow." You promise, and leave the hospital wing with Ron and Hermione.