Chapter 53

You stood in shock for a second. Struggling to register what Harry had just said. Harry looked away from Hermione, obviously regretting what he just said.

Hermione's mouth had dropped open. She looked around, looking for anything to make this less awkward. You hurried up to your room, mouth wide, attempting to make sense of it all. You laid in bed, your head running rampant with thoughts.

Harry's POV
I was sitting in the common room, running things over in my head. Damnit, Harry! Why couldn't you just move on? Truth be told, I couldn't move on because Y/n was just so...perfect. Perfect describes her- well, perfectly. Everything from her voice to her smile is perfect. And she doesn't notice it. But I do. I remember one time, earlier in the year...

I was sitting in the common room, alone. Y/n had walked in, looking quite upset. I scooted over so she could have a seat and asked what's wrong.

"Oh- it's nothing, Harry, really. Thank you, though." I could tell she was lying. Her nose always scrunches the tiniest bit when she lies- but that's beside the point. I turned her face to me to ask her again. And it hit me, right then. She was so beautiful. Her nose scrunched again.

"I'll ask again." I said, "What's wrong."

She looked at me, embarrassed. "This kid told me I looked like his mother. I asked how, and he said we both looked like-" She paused, almost laughing at herself. "-Like a centaur." I burst out laughing, unable to control myself.

She blushed while laughing and hit my arm. "It's not funny! I almost cried!" I gave her a hug, still laughing.

"I don't think you like anything like a centaur." I assured her. She gave a small smile before looking back into the fire.

"Harry?" I heard a voice behind me. I darted my eyes away from the fire and looked around to see Hermione standing timidly on the staircase to the girls dormitories.

"Oh- hey Hermione." I said. She walked down the steps, sitting next to me.

"What are you doing down here so late?" She asks.

"Thinking." I replied.

"About?"

I shrug, not wanting to answer her question. "Harry." She says. She always had a way of forcing things out of me.

"About how much it hurts when I see someone I care about kissing another guy."

She looked at me sympathetically. "I get that..." She says slowly. "But I think you need to consider how she's feeling to."

I roll my eyes, annoyed. "Why should I? I don't even care." I mutter.

She stands, looking almost offended.

"So you're telling me you don't care?" She asks. "You really are awful with feelings."

I laugh harshly. "As is she! At least, she's awful with mine." Whatever it was about that sentence, made Hermione snap.

"You're being selfish!" She yells.

After that, a screaming match ensued. Both me and Hermione tried to keep our voices down, which didn't work.

"You aren't dating her, Harry." Hermione said quietly after we had been screaming for so long.

I pause. "Maybe thays the problem." My eyes immediately look away. Regret swims through me. Hermione's mouth is wide open, but her face has softened. She walks over to me, putting a hand on my arm.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I really am." I just nod, unable to look her in the eyes. "And I know y/n is too."

Your POV
Hermione came back a few minutes later. You hopped out of bed before running over to her, embracing her. She looked taken aback.

"Wha- y/n? You're awake?"

"Yes!" You said excitedly. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Hermione rubbed your back.

"Anything for a friend." You went to bed, feeling happy.

You awoke the next day to the loud sound of Hermione dropping her Arithmancy book.

"Sorry!" She said apologetically. "Sorry." You just waved her off, getting ready for the day. Hermione and Ginny walked you to the Great Hall.

You stood in the doorway and made eye contact with Harry. But instead of getting up, he just gave you the smallest of smiles and returned to his food.

Progress.

(hellooo my lovely readers SO i am lowkey out of ideas and i rly need some drama or tea to add so drop some ideas in the comments!)

(also i love love love getting your comments so PLEASE do not be afraid to leave some! love u all <3)