Chapter 38

You hurried along to lunch, knowing you would be late. As you had suspected, by the time you reached the Great Hall (which was all the way on the other side of the castle from the Astronomy tower) It was full of students chattering loudly.

Hermione noticed you and waved you over. You sat, uncomfortable. Harry watched you, waiting for you to speak.

You didn't, so he did. "What happened in Charms?" He asked. You ignored him, eager to change the subject. "Y/n?" He asked.

"Don't want to talk about it." You say, starting to eat. Ron and Hermione look at Harry in a confused fashion. He gave them a look that said, "I'll tell you later."

You continued eating, feeling many different peoples eyes on you. Finally, a girl comes over and taps your back.

You turn around. She looks to be about a year younger than you. "Uhm, are you y/n y/l/n?" She asks. You nod. "I was asked to tell you that Pansy is in the hospital wing being treated for burns and bruising." You look up at her in shock.

"What? But I barely did anything!" You said, outraged.

The girl looks scared. "Sorry- sorry. Ok. Thanks." You say and she walks away. You turn around, cursing.

"Burns?" Fred asks, leaning over Hermione.

"Bruising?" George adds, who's sitting next to Harry.

"It is none of your business." You say to them. They chuckle.

"Oh, but it is!" You rolled your eyes, smiling.

"Cmon, y/n! Tell us!" Fred says. Ron nods.

You look at Harry. He nods. "Fine." You say. "Pansy and I were arguing over-" You look at Harry, "-er-" You look back at your friends watching you, "-something stupid. She pushed to far and I shot a couple spells at her. She bit me too, but I got the last hit. I dunno what I hit her with."

Fred and George clapped, Ron looked amused, and Hermione looked shocked. "Y/n!" She said. "You could get in terrible trouble for that!" You shrugged.

"I probably will. But she deserved it." You said. You whispered in her ear, "I'll tell you what she said later." She nodded.

You finished eating, listening to Harry and Ron talk about practice later. Harry was excited, Ron promised to watch.

"Me and Y/n will watch, too." Hermione said for the both of you. You looked up, about to say "What?" but she grabbed your leg to stop you. You shot her a confused look, to which she returned with, "Later."

You ate your lunch grudgingly before the bell rang. You next class was History with Hermione. She pulled you between the crowds of students and started walking fast. You tried to catch up.

"Why am I going to Harry's Quidditch practice?" You ask.

"Harry loves it when his friends go to his practices or watch his games. It'll be a chance for you two to get closer. Just trust me." She says. You shrug, agreeing to go. You've never been to a Quidditch practice. Only to games.

Hermione walked with you to History. "What do I do at a Quidditch practice?" You ask.

"Well, you sit in the stands. Occasionally clap or call Harry's name. He just likes to have someone watching and appreciating him."

You nod, taking it all in. "What do I wear?"

"Oh, you can wear your robes, or something else. Like a tshirt. There's no rules, really."

You two walk into History. You babbled on about how nervously you were.

"Y/n, chill. I'll sit with you the whole time." You calm down, appreciating that.

History begins and you doze off, excited to go to Harry's Quidditch practice.