Chapter 70

You sat by yourself in the hospital wing for about three hours. Breakfast was gross, nothing like the food in the Great Hall. You had just begun to think your friends forgot about you when you heard irregular footsteps coming towards the hospital wing.

"Lupin!" Madam Pomfrey said.

You could see Lupin smile at her. He didn't look good. He was limping, and had two big scratches on his arm.

"Hello, Madam Pomfrey! I was wondering if- ah!" Lupin saw you and hurried over: well, as fast as he could go with a limp.

"Y/n, hello, oh my goodness I was so worried!" Lupin sat next to you, his features contorted and worried.

"Hey, professor." You grinned.

Lupin looked at you sadly.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"What? Oh! Oh it's nothing, I just didn't get much sleep last night."

You looked at the scratches on his arm. "Are you okay? Did the..." You paused, trying to say the word. "...the werewolf. Did it scratch you?"

Lupin looked away, as if readying to say something. He changed his mind, and said, "No, no my cat, uh, Fluffy- scratched me. Thank you for worrying though. I'm glad your okay." He smiled down at you.

More footsteps came to the hospital wing and you looked up to see Hermione. She was looking at Lupin suspiciously as she sat down.

"Hello, y/n. Professor Lupin." She smiled. "How're you feeling, y/n? Sorry we couldn't get down any time sooner, Seamus exploded his mug for Transfiguration and we got stuck cleaning it up." She said, pulling up a chair next to you.

"It's okay, and I'm feeling better."

"Speaking of," Lupin says, pulling something from his pocket, "I've got some candy for you."

Lupin pulled a bag from his coat pocket. He handed it to you.

"Aw, Professor, you didn't have to!" You said, smiling.

"Oh believe me, I did." Said Lupin offhandedly.

You shrugged, opening the bag. Inside were a large variety of candies.

"Oh it's wonderful! Thank you!" You said, pulling him into a hug. This time he tensed but never hugged you back.

Lupin checked his watch. "Oh dear, I have a class starting now. I'll visit you later, y/n. Nice seeing you Hermione." He bid you two goodbye and hurried from the Hospital Wing.

Hermione turns to you. "Harry has a Quidditch game next week. Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. I'm sure he'd like you to go- if you're up to it, of course."

"I'd love to go. Did you say Slytherin?" You responded.

"Yes- isn't that ironic. I guess you'll have to decide who you're voting for." She chuckled.

"Yeah..." You said, beginning to eat some of the chocolate Lupin gave you.

"Don't you think it's...odd?" Hermione asked.

"What's odd?" You asked.

"Lupin's been acting strange." Hermione said slowly. "Don't get me wrong- he's amazing. But the scratches, the bruises..."

"Lupin would never-" You said, shocked. "Hermione, that is a serious accusation-"

"You're right. He wouldn't. Sorry."

The next two days went slowly you weren't allowed out of the hospital wing until Tuesday. Your friends came to visit you a lot.

Madam Pomfrey walked in smiling. "You're free to go, Y/n. Be careful." You got up, thanking her.

She only let you out during lunch so you walked alone to the Great Hall.

You stepped into the doorway and stopped, looking around. Your friends were chatting, Draco was sitting with Crabbe and Goyle- and Pansy.

Your friends looked up, noticing you. All three broke out into a smile. You hurried over to them, sitting.

"Hey." You said.

"Hey." They reply.

"What's been going on?" You ask.

Ron chuckles. "We just saw you yesterday,
y/n."

You laugh. "Oh yeah. Well, I missed you guys."

(i need more ideas and plot twists lollll)