Chapter 81 (Oliver is introduced as a friend)

Draco turned around, holding a green apple in his hand. His blonde hair was slicked back and the scent of his apple flying around the room. 

You passed him, opening the fridge. He smirked at you and backed away, letting you open the fridge. Looking around, you decided on a bagel. You got the butter and began buttering it as Draco watched you.

"I see you've got a staring problem." You said, chuckling.

Draco smiled. "Kind of hard not to stare when your in front of me."

You smiled, sitting up on the counter. Draco leaned against the fridges, just as he had the night you met in here.

Draco watched you eat your bagel.

He ran a hand through his silky hair. "We need to spend more time together." He said, smiling at you. He walked closer to you until your legs were on either side of his hips and you sat on the counter.

It seemed as if time had stopped. You and Draco glanced at each other, your warm ones locking with his cold, grey ones. His pale skin glistened in the light of the kitchens.

He ran out his cold hand on top of yours. His silver rings freezing against the back of your hand.

"Yes. Yes we should." You replied, a bit flustered.

Draco smiled at you slyly before pulling away, leaving you wanting more. You breathed out slowly, watching Draco return to his position on the fridge.

"You look funny when you're flustered." Draco smirked, taking a bite from his apple.

"Well I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of that."

Draco smirked before walking over to the trash can and threw out the remainder of his apple. You finished your bagel and he smiled at you.

The two of you sat in a comfortable silence for a little bit until sharp footsteps started towards the doors.

Draco looked at you, panicked. "Uh oh."

You hurried around the counter. "Come on." You said, grabbing Draco's arm before pulling him back to the other side of the kitchens. The two of you crouched down behind a set of ovens.

The footsteps stopped outside of the kitchen doors.

"Of course I know that, Albus!" McGonagall's voice echoed throughout the kitchen.

"Well then, Minerva, I see no problem." Dumbledore said calmly.

"Oh, Albus, of course there is a problem! Sirius Black has already entered the castle once. Do you really think he won't try again?"

Dumbledore did not answer, but rather looked through the fridge before pulling out a serving of Haggis.

McGonagall looked at it, clearly disgusted, before continuing. "Albus! The dementors have done nothing but cause trouble. Clearly Potter cannot handle them, and he is the main priority right now!"

Dumbledore nodded, listening to McGonagall speak.

"Well I agree, Minerva. The boy cannot handle them. But they are the only thing keeping Mr. Black from wandering straight into the castle."

Minerva sighed, leaning against the wall wearily.

"Sirius Black will return, Albus."

Just as McGonagall said that, a loud scream echoed throughout the castle.

***

McGonagall and Dumbledore tensed before hurrying from the kitchens. You and Draco followed, dawdling so they wouldn't see you.

You followed the sound of their footsteps, until the two of you appeared- at the Gryffindor common room?

Draco looked at you. "I should go." He whispered before hurrying off. You watched him go before entering the Gryffindor common room which was in chaos.

People were screaming and arguing. Ron and Harry were in the middle, freaking out.

You pushed through the crowd.

"Harry? Harry relax." You said. He clearly couldn't.

Ron was freaking out even worse.

"H-h-he w-was in th-the room!" He said. McGonagall raised her voice to a yell.

"Students! STUDENTS!" She bellowed. The room silenced, and you found yourself next to- Oliver Wood.

Oliver looked down at you. "What's going on?" He asked.

You shrugged, directing your attention back to McGonagall.

"Ronald Weasley, what is going on?"

"Sirius Black!" Said Ron hoarsely. The whole Gryffindor house, which had filled the common room, gasped.

"What? Where?" McGonagall asked.

"My room!" Ron shouted. "I fought him!"

Excited whispers began all over the room.
McGonagall shushed you all.

"Fought him?" McGonagall asked strictly.

"He ripped open my curtains! With a huge knife!" Ron said, his face becoming redder by the second.

"W-what?" McGonagall asked, shocked. "In your dormitories?"

"Yes! He opened the curtains! He must've opened the wrong one, I think he was going for Harry's! Almost slashed my arm off, he did!"

The chatter grew louder as everyone became more and more panicked.

"Students!" McGonagall said loudly. "Where did he go?"

"He ran down the stairs and out into the hallway!" Harry cut in.

McGonagall looked around, angry and flustered. "W-well how did he get in?!"

Everyone looked around, expecting an answer.

McGonagall hurried to the door and flung it open, revealing the Knight that had replaced the Fat Lady.

"Sir Cadogan!" She said loudly, waking him from his slumber.

He startled awake. "Yes, Professor? Sir Cadogan at your service!"

"Did you let a shaggy, dirty man in here not long ago?"

"Sure did!" Sir Cadogan announced proudly.

McGonagall looked at him in shock. "Why?!"

"He had the password! The whole weeks worth, a small piece of paper!"

McGonagall turned back to you and the rest of the Gryffindors fuming.

Her face was bright red and she struggled to make any words. "WHO WROTE THE PASSWORDS ON A SHEET OF PAPER?" McGonagall asked; more like bellowed.

Neville stepped forward, his face bright red. "I- I forget them!"

McGonagall almost breathed fire. She was fuming.

She screamed at Neville in front of everyone for about 10 minutes before dismissing you all, very sternly. You all could hear her screaming at Neville for the next half an hour. Finally it was quiet.

"We should get some sleep." Hermione said, unable to keep the worry from her voice.

"We're safe. McGonagall said she changed the password. Sirius Black has no way of knowing."

Hermione just nodded and went to sleep. You sat awake, running your worries over in your mind.