Chapter 13

You look at Harry. His face is a bright pink color as he, too, breathes hard.

"Wow." Is all he says. The students around you stare, whispering. You look around, noticing them all watching.

A new song plays, distracting all the students from you and Harry. They all begin to dance, leaving you and Harry to stand there.

"Y/n, that was-" Harry begins, but he is cut off by Pansy Parkinson.

"You foul beast!" She screams at you. "You scared Draco off! I was about to kiss him!" She yells angrily.

"How was I supposed to know you were with Draco? I'm not obsessed with him, you know." You say.

Pansy growls angrily. "You'll pay for this." She says, walking out of the Great Hall. You turn back to Harry. He laughs.

You sighed. You couldn't look at Harry. You felt ashamed. Thankfully Dumbledore spoke up.

"Thank you all for coming to our Christmas ball. I'm afraid it has gotten very late, and you all should get some sleep. Have a good weekend." Dumbledore says.

You turn to Harry, giving him a small hug. As to not get caught up in the traffic of other students, you hurry out of the Great Hall. You hold your dress up as to not step on it, and walk up to the Gryffindor common room. You walk up to your room and sit on your bed. You hear paper crumble and realize you've sat on something. You stand, looking at your bed.

You see a note that had been crumpled while you sat on it, and a small box.

Flattening the note, you start to read.

Dear y/n,

if I had known you liked Harry I wouldn't have bothered buying you this gift.

You look at the small box in your hand.

But I already bought it, so why return it. You never let me speak. If you'd listened any longer, you would've heard that I didn't want to dump you. I wanted to still go. The bet was the thing that got me the guts to ask. I never planned on telling you it was a bet, and I never planned on dumping you before the ball, either. Please, consider this apology and open the box.

Much love, Malfoy.

You look down at the note. Although you weren't sure you forgave him, you decided to open to box.

You undo the clip and slowly open the top. Inside is a beautiful necklace with a green gem shaped like a snake. Although you weren't a Slytherin, it reminded you of Draco. And smelled like him, too. You put it on happily, still deciding whether you forgave him or not.

You undress, take off your makeup and brush out your hair. You get comfy in pajamas and lay in bed, admiring your necklace. The door swings open and Hermione, Ron, and Harry walk in.

"Oh! Y/n, I didn't know you were in here." Hermione apologizes. "I just wanted them to see what Neville did to my closet."

You laugh. "Neville didn't know Trevor had gotten out! If so, I don't think he would've let him raid your closet."

Hermione giggles, walking the boys to her closet. Harry's eyes are on you when he looks down, noticing the necklace. You blush, and tuck it under your pajamas. He looks at you, confused, before he turns back to Hermione. You push them out of your mind as you try to sleep.